Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 11-16-2007, 11:23 PM   #71
Paddy

It's almost 10:30 friday night here Flag, what is the projected time out for 3.0.1 ? Our biggest issue seems to be the same IP as far as I can tell, we can only log one pc, doesn't matter what server we try can't log any of the other pc's at all. With only one log in working,only on one pc. We have seven pc's with four users.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:27 PM   #72
Mizzouse

Paddy, try looking into the User editor. Look at the user login names and put duplicate ip's no limits for all. Also do that for guests too. That should fix it.
Mizzouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:28 PM   #73
Shrapnet-Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieterMX View Post
Suggestion: Remote the "Rent a Server" button when a client connects to a 3.0 professional server. It's a bit strange to display this information in the menu when a client already rented a server.
I second this one
Shrapnet-Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:39 PM   #74
PoolShark

I'm confused as to why there are individual accounts/passwords to be created, and on the other hand have the rank system. Wouldn't it be better if you established ranks, and had a set of permissions that applied to each rank? Then it would only be necessary to assign a rank to a user to give them a set of pre-defined permissions.

The way it is now, you can pre-define permissions via the profile, but the only way I've been able to assign a profile to a user is via tha user account creation. Also, it seems the only way to assign a rank is the same user account creation. Seems like double the work.

I'm I missiong the purpose/functionality of the rank portion of this?
PoolShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:56 AM   #75
pmiedema

ya I tried everything firewall related for getting rid of "?MSG: Contacting Server" and it ain't happenin. Wheres 3.0.1?
pmiedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:18 AM   #76
pegasi51b

We have small home wireless network. And there are 3 of us that use computers to play online games. We use vent. However since your patch
3.0.0 Only one of us can connect at a time. It tells the other person not yet connected that they have the same IP address as the other computer that is connected. Our computers all have different IP addresses. We do have one router and it does have a static IP. Please advise.
pegasi51b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:28 AM   #77
PieterMX

Bugreport: Music keeps playing in Windows Media Player until the Ventrilo client has been killed/closed. Closing the Winamp Media Player should, of course, stop the music instandly.

Player: Windows Media Player 11
PieterMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #78
JCinDE

I love the 3.0 changes. Great work!

Since you're talking about 3.01 anyway...I would like to request a small tweak to the User Editor to show the rank indicator in the Current Users list. Additionally, some sort of visual indicator of users with admin privileges would be wonderfully helpful.
JCinDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #79
Voice1.us

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieterMX View Post
Suggestion: Remote the "Rent a Server" button when a client connects to a 3.0 professional server. It's a bit strange to display this information in the menu when a client already rented a server.
I agree with displaying this when they are already a paying client.
Voice1.us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #80
OFxLedzeplin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolShark View Post
I'm I missiong the purpose/functionality of the rank portion of this?
Rank appears to be set to control channel interaction on a global basis, without having to set each users permissions channel by channel.. the ability to interact/speak in one channel to the other. If your rank is not equal to or above the channels "transmit level" then you cannot speak in that channel.

In essence, it determines a users right to speak, channel by channel.
OFxLedzeplin is offline   Reply With Quote