Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 11-15-2007, 10:35 AM   #31
Voice1.us

a lot of people like the 3 letter name and I think that it should be changed so that they can still have three letter names to login and use ventrilo.

The 3 letter names is of the server name, i may have not calrified that, we had so many .ini files that the server name had to be updated to 4 characters or more, this caused a lot of complaints and work and we are stil having then with ones that have not reported they can not connect.

Last edited by Voice1.us; 11-15-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Voice1.us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #32
Flagship
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice1.us View Post
a lot of people like the 3 letter name and I think that it should be changed so that they can still have three letter names to login and use ventrilo.
I'll see if I can do that.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:10 AM   #33
Shrapnet-Rob

One complaint i've had is that the | character isn't allowed anymore in names. Strangely you can still add users to the server with these characters but the client doesn't allow them.
Shrapnet-Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #34
Patjm

Default hmm

Is there any way you can add it so, When the server rcon is entered by the owner, a new tab appears when you right click anywheres in vent saying "Owner Options". And maybe have a few options in there like.

1) Protected users - Add names to a list that can't be kicked/banned/moved/gagged BY ANY other admin except the owner.

2) Make an option to turn off private chat speaking showing up. - for ex. When someone is in private chat, everyone else pretty much knows it, because the button turns yellow in the channel. Just have it so it only shows the P for the two clients.

3) Make an option for the owner to be able to make a channel that ONLY he can join and anyone else he drags in.

Those few suggestions are just my opinion on some things I would love to see. I've talked to a decent amount of people about those also, and they like the idea.

Just think about it okay Flag?

Thanks pal
Patjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #35
Voice1.us

We have found another little problem some of our clients can not connect with the host name and they can with the ip address and some have the problem in reverse, however the most popular issue is there not able to connect with the hostname, the IP address seems to work most of the time. Any ideals?

Last edited by Voice1.us; 11-15-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Voice1.us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #36
whoiga

As always, I'd like to show thanks to Flagship Industries.

I knew you would take good care of us, and I'm sure everyone's headaches from yesterday will subside in due time. I do hope that many of them will retract their harsh statements and/or decisions to seek alternative VoIP software.

Patience is a virtue, and these changes that are coming (both client-side & server-side) are excellent, and are just what we needed.

Thank you!
whoiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #37
VBARhino

One thing I have noticed is that there is a delay from when I hit my PTT button to the actual moment the "key clicks". This is happening with everyone on my team, and is kind of hard to deal with. If you could fix this or show me how to fix it?
VBARhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #38
Cyborgmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patjm View Post
3) Make an option for the owner to be able to make a channel that ONLY he can join and anyone else he drags in.
You can do this by setting a channel to "User Authorization" mode, it will allow any server admin to join the channel but users will not be able to join unless they're on the access list or dragged into the channel.
Cyborgmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #39
Patjm

You didn't even read the post did you....this is for server RCON aka the person with rcon password. When the server sets and remembers a user with rcon password, only he/she should be able to drag someone in there with them.

I don't want other server admins having the same rights as the person with rcon, that's why I posted in the first place.
Patjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #40
NationVoice-Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseR View Post
Flagship, great job on the update, was beginning to wonder if it would ever be released. =P

Anyhow, I am very happy to hear that you'll be quick to release a patch to fix some of the er, bugs? More to the point the "guest" display when people join my server.

Although the update took awhile it was well worth it and even though the product was pretty flawless with 2.3 it's still nice to see you/your team continue development for it.

Also, can you/another admin by chance add xxxxx to your list of servers to rent, they have been very good to me with hosting and customer service.

They are not a licensed provider....they are a reseller of a licensed provider.
NationVoice-Justin is offline   Reply With Quote