Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #71
Westward

Alright I had a good solid week...lag free and then all of a sudden this weekend I was lag out beyond use...has any progress been made ? Can we get a simple update "We talked to Shaw and THIS is happening" anything ?

I pay for this service and I can not use it...
Old 12-02-2008, 02:39 AM   #72
JNS| sTeWiE

I'm from Calgary and am having the similar problems. Screw shaw, I get rediculous lag, I can hear everyone fine but can't talk at all. This problem started maybe a month ago or more but I have had shaw all along and have never had the problem before. I have bittorrent but I dont ever use it when I am on vent so I'm pretty sure thats not the problem. I would sure appreciate vent working with shaw on this issue to produce a solution.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:31 AM   #73
vaenyc

So has anyone gotten this resolved, either by phoning or posting required information in the other stickied thread (see: http://ventrilo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32499)? Sounds pretty lame considering the fact that other ISPs for everyone else on a 200 man vent server aren't causing those problems for their clients. Time to brush up on available packages from Telus and others I guess..

Edit: I phoned in about the problem, we'll see what happens in about a week.

Last edited by vaenyc; 12-04-2008 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #74
kennny2004

yah ive called them they said it is ventrilo but yah i expected that, anyways i toke some online bit torrent throttle test or w/e that apperantly tells you if your internet connection being throttled anyways i thought this might be intresting

Downstream Bandwidth: 8492 Kbps Downstream Queue: 84 ms Upstream Bandwidth: 1011 Kbps Upstream Queue: 697 ms
so for some reasons the upload is super high which is exactly the problem sinec i can hear/play games without any lag but when i talk i lag and my upload is tottaly open without anything uploading but ventrilo

source: http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/
Old 12-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #75
Slipknotix

oh thank god there are other people that have this problem with shaw. Like many of the people above i can play MOST games lag. But ventrilo spikes like a bitch 5-6 days a week then will be fine for the other days.
I have accually been fine over the past say 3 days im hoping the problem has fixed itsself but i kind of doubt it.
If there is anyone else out there with this problem with shaw and also plays the real version of Ultima Online could you log on while your having problems with ventilo. Because my Ultima and Ventrilo problems are one in the same, even though the other games are fine while ventrilo if messed
Old 12-10-2008, 12:28 AM   #76
vaenyc

Quick question if any of you guys can answer... What package do you have wish Shaw? The "High speed", the "Xtreme-I" or the "Nitro"? I am on High speed. Just wondering because they have something they call "PowerBoost" (http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsSer...et/PowerBoost/) which has the potential to maybe resolve the issue. Can anyone confirm what they have?
Old 12-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #77
Westward

Ok,

We're over a month into the Flagship started post about "Post your server, location for shaw users" and STILL nothing has been posted about progress or any plans to fix this problem for PAYING customers...Hell this post is over 6 months old and 8 pages deep and nothing has been offically said here either.

Can we please have an update, even if its "You know, we got nothing right now....keep paying us though" I'd be happy with that at this point...
Old 12-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #78
dudehere

Yeah this is licking balls, sucks cause im not to horny on the idea of switching isp for one program to run as it should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westward View Post
Ok,

We're over a month into the Flagship started post about "Post your server, location for shaw users" and STILL nothing has been posted about progress or any plans to fix this problem for PAYING customers...Hell this post is over 6 months old and 8 pages deep and nothing has been offically said here either.

Can we please have an update, even if its "You know, we got nothing right now....keep paying us though" I'd be happy with that at this point...
Old 12-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #79
vaenyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehere View Post
Yeah this is licking balls, sucks cause im not to horny on the idea of switching isp for one program to run as it should.
Indeed. They are not really hot on putting this as a high-priority either. I know I wouldn't be, considering the fact that it's only one version of the software that's having a problem. So yea, its probably at a stand-off between Flagship and Shaw at this point. There's no clear at-fault party here. Shaw does offer much more attractive packages compared to their DSL rival Telus at the moment, but only if you need extra bit of speed and another 40gig of usage. Personally, I hate both of these corporate chimps, and wish everyday that we would have more competition in that sense. I am contemplating going through the proper channels of ticket creation and closure with unsuccessful resolution... for whatever that's worth. Also, I must admit, I am forced to use TS as the alternative at the moment, and that doesn't involve me having to bang my head against the wall when talking to these chimps on the phone. Bah.

/rant
Old 12-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #80
dudehere

Ya this is retarded, whens the next vent update? looks like im stuck switching to telus,sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westward View Post
Ok,

Closed Thread