Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:41 AM   #61
potvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westward View Post
I am the Vent admin xD and I can't find it on my webportal...meh...I guess ill just wait for Vent and Shaw to work things out.

It has to be changed by your ventrilo providor....
Old 11-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #62
anduin

and here i thought my router was the cause of my vent having ridiculous pings so I unplug it and connect to chat with some online gamer buddies and next thing I know i have a 25000+ ping (wth) non stop, no matter what I try to mod in setup. Is there no solution for us on Shaw ? This is really aggrevating.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #63
Westward

OK, apparently I replied in the wrong post since my reply was deleted...

All I wanted to know is if there's any update or solution in the works between Shaw and Flagship ?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #64
duckdown

I live in Sherwood Park, Alberta. I am having the same problem.

I've been having this problem for over a month now. My ping jumps from under 100 depending on server to 10,000 to 15,000. I have tried restarting my shaw modem which doesn't help. I uninstalled the program many of times, but with my uninstall i don't think all the files are getting deleted because when i reinstall the app. my username and all my server names are still there. when uninstall is used I do it through add/remove programs, I check program files and it removes the ventrilo folder + I do a search, which finds a few files. I delete those files as will. but when i reinstall, my username and server names/ip's are still there? I don't know what to do.

can someone till me how to delete ALL of the ventrilo files or help me solve my ping problem because i don't know what to do. I can't use ventrilo like this
Old 11-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #65
Westward

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckdown View Post
I live in Sherwood Park, Alberta. I am having the same problem.

I've been having this problem for over a month now. My ping jumps from under 100 depending on server to 10,000 to 15,000. I have tried restarting my shaw modem which doesn't help. I uninstalled the program many of times, but with my uninstall i don't think all the files are getting deleted because when i reinstall the app. my username and all my server names are still there. when uninstall is used I do it through add/remove programs, I check program files and it removes the ventrilo folder + I do a search, which finds a few files. I delete those files as will. but when i reinstall, my username and server names/ip's are still there? I don't know what to do.

can someone till me how to delete ALL of the ventrilo files or help me solve my ping problem because i don't know what to do. I can't use ventrilo like this

I'm also in the Park and deleting Ventrilo won't fix the problem, it's something that needs to be corrected on Shaws side....Apparently Flagship and Shaw are in talks so hopefully we'll be able to use Vent again soon
Old 11-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #66
duckdown

what do you use vent for?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:11 PM   #67
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

can someone find out if Shaw uses Bell Canada as one of their backbone providers?
Old 11-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #68
dbx_5

Shaw does Packet shaping in western Canada this is known not sure if this is one of the effects of them doing so, I have noticed this issue happeing to me with pings on vent ill have a nice ping of 80 or less then spike right up to 30k the moment I start talking, even if my ping stays at 30k though I can hear people fine.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:24 AM   #69
jsilicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog-Rocker View Post
can someone find out if Shaw uses Bell Canada as one of their backbone providers?

dont know if this helps but I emailed them and asked:

Quote:
I was wondering if Shaw used Bell Canada as one of their Internet backbone providers. Thanks

and they replied:

Quote:
Hi Justin,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We have our own backbone that we use."

Last edited by jsilicz; 11-28-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #70
jch77

Been testing a lot of things tonight. Was getting massive lag spikes and packet loss until I cycled the power to my router and made sure vent was shutdown.

Have been playing fine since then. Pretty much just have to play without vent at the moment because how Shaw associates it with Bitorrent
Closed Thread