Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 10-16-2014, 12:48 AM   #1
Thraesh

Angry Guild unable to connect to any ventrilo servers

So as stated in my title. My guild uses Vent to have voice comms in our games. We use it for a variety of games and have all either bought our own separate Vent servers at one point or have just increased the size of our main one. Either way we have used it for as long as I can remember. Last night me and 5 of our members were fine using it, we played our game, did our thing and that was it. Today no one could connect to vent. We assumed maybe our subscription ran out so we tried various other vent servers in our lists. No dice. Personally I spent an hour or more trying to trouble shoot the problem thinking it may be on my end. Still nothing. Eventually we all decided we would use other voice comms for the time being until the problem is fixed but I saw nothing on forums mentioned about this issue. I know it isnt just me having the issue, we average 40-50 people signing in and out on a given day and on weekends it goes higher and no one could connect to anything. I hope this problem gets resolved soon or we will have to find another means of communication aside from this program.
Thraesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

first can you make sure the server(s) are available - [url]http://ventrilo.com/status.php[/url]
if the server(s) do not respond then the server owner should contact the hosting provider.
--------------------

what does the vent window display before hitting connect?
MSG: ???
-----------------
run these network tests to see if you can get to the server:

start > run
cmd {hit enter}
tracert serverhostname(found in server setup)

(example: tracert nobelium.typefrag.com )

try the telnet test:

start > run
cmd {hit enter}
telnet serverhostname port#

(where serverhostname={the server ipaddress or hostname of the server you’re trying to connect to (found in vent client server setup)} and port#={port associated with that server}
(example: “telnet 75.125.43.51 3784” or “telnet [url]www.myserver.com[/url] 3784” without the quotes)

If Telnet is able to connect then the screen will go blank. If not, then you will see an error message about not being able to connect.

Enabling Telnet in Vista/Windows 7

Control-Panel / Programs and Features / Turn Windows features on or off / select “Telnet Client” / click OK

If telnet can't connect then vent won't either as telnet is a function of the tcp/ip stack which is a part of the operating system. If it can't make a tcp connection then something is preventing the connection on that specific port#. if you've eliminated all possibilities with your internal network then try contacting your ISP and have them try to telnet to the server to see if they can connect from their end.
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
Thraesh

So I checked the server and the server is not responding. The continuous message everyone is getting is MSG: Contacting Server. I also turned on TelNet Client and still nothing. I will have our owner contact you guys if he hasn't already
Thraesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #4
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

the owner needs to contact his hosting provider as we do not have access to any servers.
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote