Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:13 AM   #81
Westward

another week gone by and still nothing....Flagship...you're breaking my heart
Old 01-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #82
Ravendark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animosity View Post
Just change your IP after using torrent.

Dont need to delete torrent or discontinue usage.
Like everyone in the thread, I am also having this problem. My ping shoots up and my outbound messages are late and screwed, while anything else said on vent gets to me clearly and on time. I am on a multi computer network and someone else on the network uses torrents, more specifically bitorrent. I can't get them to stop using it altogether but i can get them to turn it off during the day but my vent is still doing this even when this happens.

I've heard of several people saying to change my IP or reset my MAC address and do not know how to do either. any help would be fantastic.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #83
Ezynite

Cool Help...

I aswell haveing the same problem.... And i called shaw an in no specific wording did the tech tell me they know about the problem,But that the way to fix the problem could not be done on Shaws end bye the tech i was talking too, All the tech could do is check my ping/lvl/rate. Then the Tech went on too tell me " wink wink " that what i had mentioned about spoofing my mac address and then geting a new IP would in fact fix my problem until i used a bit torrent program. The way around haveing my new IP flaged and geting the same problem was to use a Torrent software program that would alow me to control the PORT range, basically Utorrent, a torrent program that will alow me to encrypt my torrents so shaw wont know they are in fact bit torrent files. So in Summary to FIX THIS ISSUE WITH YOUR VENT LAG WHEN TALKING:

1: Remove and Stop Useing Torrent Software that wont let you Encrypt Files. Then Download a Torrent Shareing Software Program that alows you too Encrypt your torrents (youll have to find one and then read up how to actually Encrypt your files, ive yet to figure this out hehe)

2: Find Software to Spoof Your Mac Address for your Ethernet Networking Card, Or if you know how to do it another way do it.

3: Get a New IP Address for your New Mac Address.

4: No more Lag in vent as Long as you did the all of the Above.

Those 4 steps is what the Shaw Tech said to do " but dint say wink wink "

Ok now here my Problem with those 4 Steps.....

1: Downloaded Utorrent, gona have to read a ton to find out how to encrypt my files so shaw dont flag me again. That being said anyone know how to do this and wana help out with Quick Response how ? /pleads

2: Spoofing my Mac Adresss, Im very concered about this because alot software out thier has TONS of backdoor viruses,trojans,etc. Can Anyone Recomend a Free Download that will let me Spoof My Mac Adress without causeing chaos to my computer with bunch viruses or spyware ?

Thanks in Advance to anyone that helps with above Questions.... And Hopefully bye helping me you will help others to solve thier problems with Ventrilo Lag when Talking to Others....
Old 01-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #84
Zeknichov

Hmmm, hmmm, I will give what the above user said a try. I used to never have problems with torrents till one day and it just so happens a little before that day I told my dad about bittorrent. Athough I told him to use utorrent he went ahead and downloaded the bittorrent client (which doesn't encrypt). It is possible that this is the issue but I highly suspect shaw can detect utorrent traffic as torrents just as well as anything. I'll do it and get back to you on whether or not it solves the problem. It also might just explain why all my friends who use utorrent don't lag like me.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:16 AM   #85
Ezynite

What i posted is 100% The way to Resolve this problem =). After i Spoofed my Mac Address to get a New IP. Then i got uTorrent and made sure my Torrents get Encrypted. Since then ive had 0 Problems with lag in vent due to Shaw watching packets. p.s. utorrent also changes ports another thing to throw shaw off the trail =)
Old 01-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #86
everydaygamer

once they've flagged you do you always stay flagged? i'm just wondering because i know there are some days where i experience no lag at all.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #87
everydaygamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezynite View Post
What i posted is 100% The way to Resolve this problem =). After i Spoofed my Mac Address to get a New IP. Then i got uTorrent and made sure my Torrents get Encrypted. Since then ive had 0 Problems with lag in vent due to Shaw watching packets. p.s. utorrent also changes ports another thing to throw shaw off the trail =)
this has worked for me twice but last night i couldn't get it to work at all. is there something I'm not doing? (and yes i made sure to start encrypting torrents)
Old 01-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #88
Ezynite

Default Masking yer Mac Address

I Downloaded a software that chages my Mac Address when i reboot my computer and then my router copies my computers Mac Address so every reboot i get new ip =)
Old 01-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #89
everydaygamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezynite View Post
I Downloaded a software that chages my Mac Address when i reboot my computer and then my router copies my computers Mac Address so every reboot i get new ip =)
does this solve the problem? and if so whats the program called?
Old 01-26-2009, 02:02 AM   #90
everydaygamer

the sticky about this problem seems to have disapeared. any idea whats happening with this issue maybe a real solution that 100% works?
Closed Thread