Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Server

Old 10-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
Zerofill

Default Vent 8 slot limit?

Ventrilo only has an 8 slot limit on a personal server?

Or is there a version you can buy to increase slots?

I am a programmer for telecom companies and a few other companies...so I have all the bandwidth I need for our guild server but Vent doesn't offer this like Teamspeak or am I missing something?

I really don't want to rent what I already have..(bandwidth and server)

Thanks
Zerofill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
DenimDonnie

I may be wrong, but, You cannot get a liscense for personal use, for more than 8 that is, unless you show potiental of being a profit for flagship. Though hosting can be tough sometimes, why not pay 15$ a month for a server with great quality? I personally pay services and its more than worth it, and I can totally depend on the server side issues not being my issues.

www.ventriloservers.biz
DenimDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
Zerofill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenimDonnie View Post
I may be wrong, but, You cannot get a liscense for personal use, for more than 8 that is, unless you show potiental of being a profit for flagship. Though hosting can be tough sometimes, why not pay 15$ a month for a server with great quality? I personally pay services and its more than worth it, and I can totally depend on the server side issues not being my issues.

www.ventriloservers.biz
The server side issues in any respect are my issues anyway...Technically...There are 14 servers I admin...I have had less trouble with the servers I admin then any servers I have rented in the past. If there is a problem I can just KVM into them or SSH...and fix it immediately. Rather than waiting 3 hours for someone else to fix the issue. The $15 or so a month is not a problem for me...however figuring out why I should pay the $15 when I already have more bandwidth and servers available to me then they could offer is the tough one.
I would be more than happy to pay $50 or something for a server license to run my own.

I am actually thinking I may just have everyone use softphones and set them up in a conference bridge. The sound quality is beyond anything that TS or Vent can do in that case. But I would have preferred to stay within the normal avenue of gaming. Since most gamers have Vent and TS already installed.
Zerofill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
DarkStarLLC

It really depends on what you're looking for -- but for Ventrilo you will need to lease a server from somewhere. It's not going to take someone 3 hours to fix your server though -- we have people online 24/7/365 and we don't take holidays. If you have a server issue, it will be resolved within 10 minutes and we also let you move the server yourself at any time to another location via the control panel.

Average ticket response times are less than 5 minutes, with resolutions generally under 10.
http://www.darkstarllc.com
DarkStarLLC is offline   Reply With Quote