Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:11 AM   #61
Kamel

someone post something helpful already?
Old 05-20-2008, 04:39 AM   #62
arthur

Have u guys resolved ur issue with vent, if si, pls state so.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:41 AM   #63
arthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_cold View Post
Hi, i live in dubai, my ISP is Du, i am having the same problem
last time i connected to Vent was on 7-4-2008
i am trying to get proxifeir to work, please can anybody give me a vaild socks5 server i can use, please i can't take this crap anymore
hi zero, could u pls tell from where u got ur proxfeir pls, pretyty pls!!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #64
yang1302

Somehow, I got a little bit different problem, When ever i connect to the server, after 2-3 secs it started count down. I read the FAQ it said i get ban form sever but it my friend server T_T we play together every day T_T.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:22 AM   #65
Zuber

Hi im located in Abu Dhabi and i am having the same problem for the past week , ive read all the posts and i have the exact same problem , Server is available but i just cant see any channel or users in , nothing, Blank!

Is any 1 else still having this problem? I get connected if im lucky when i dissconect and connect in ventrillo after 200+ tries.Sometimes when i restart it works but when i Dc i cant connect again.

Im using Windows XP pro
ADSL from Etisalat
turned of all firewall and still same problem.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #66
Zuber

well im still having the problem , but im able to use vent thanx to proxifier and if any 1 else is having this problem , i would reccomend to use proxifier as its the only so far to use ventrilo.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #67
ahafeez

Default Same Issue

I've been going through the same problem as everyone here and I live in Abu Dhabi. I think our ISPs are trying to block all VoIP programs since they lose out on phone costs because of them. The ventrilo and teamspeak sites used to be proxied before and now for some reason they aren't..my guess is they just blocked the programs from working somehow. Is that possible?
Old 09-20-2008, 12:11 AM   #68
Zuber

The problem has once again resurfaced and i cant seem to connect to vent all i get is the blank screen after i click on connect button. So far i had been using proxifier but now that even doesnt work , all it does is connect and immediately dissconect when i try using proxifier , any 1 else experiencing the same thing?
Old 09-20-2008, 05:21 AM   #69
stryfe13

Yep having the same issues connecting from Dubai again. Usually if you reset your connection and got a new ip it would work but even that is not helping now.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:25 AM   #70
papa2ae

Default re

Ok guys, i have been reading a lot of the pain and agony you are through, and definately i am through as well..

Here goes, i live in Dubai and i use Etisalat (<---- no joke, but they are the worst internet provider by FAR even BELL in canada is 1000 times better) anyways, if they do ask you for a traceroute or tracert simply HANG UP the phone, they use the tracert to block all outgoing transmission of data - call me a pc geek, but i dont live some jerk sitting there and not allowing me to get on my ventrilo server - I know etisalat is blocking it and that is 100% gurantee, they just dont want people to use the internet for VOIP and they want people to use ETISALAT to call - so they can get the revenue of-course - anyhow this has gone FAAAAAAR enough, i was thinking of SPAMMING their help email so they could understand this and so they know how many people are trying to use ventrilo for just gaming rather then calling their families, they would just use MSN for that, well, unless they are daft.

DONT try the following - as you will end up wasting your time and this has been proven by several people! ;

- FORMATTING YOUR PC (<---- a lot of people tend to do that when applications don't work, you should avoid it!)
- restarting your router (<---- yes, i know you get a new IP, but in most cases its still from the same IP range be it the new ip or the old ip (217.165.*.*)
- re-installing ventrilo (<---- also that never worked, basically people thought if they just reinstalled they would get it to work, actually it was just a pain and a waste of time!)
- trying on a different computer within the same LAN (<---- also wouldnt work, just think about it like this, can you connect - if no then you wouldnt be able to connect from another pc, well if your ethernet cable is damaged then you wouldnt be able to even see this page ....)

note : people tried nearly 100000 solutions and 100000 were incorrect and never successed.

You can try the following but i don't recommend it as you will get high lag/ping spikes or just keep on DC'ing;

- IP Spoofing, yes etisalat banned the program but they just updated it and now its working however, you will get double your ping and you will be kicked ever like 10 mins and then you simply have to reconnect which is really annoying - please also understand that if you use this method your game if your playing WoW or GW will lose connection when you lose connection to the vent so i dont suggest you use this on raids and then you will simply just DC or get kicked out of ur guild.

- LUCK, i know a lot of people that got in to their ventrilo servers by LUCK, hey - luck plays a big role i agree but your luck of getting into ventrilo is 5% as the 95% is with etisalat and that means no VOIP specially Ventrilo!

- You can SPAM their support email, but still i dont suggest that, you might get your internet account closed/suspended...

- PROTEST <--- yes, i am serious! Only downside is that in this country your not allowed to do it, protesting here is not allowed at all and if found to be a party leader of a protest, meh lets not get into that .... but i will definately join a walk and protest if some 1 can arrange it - that will definately hit the news and the media

ALL i ask you to do is this, i know its not a lot, but the more the people that do it the better and i will dispatch my email within seconds;

send the following message to : care@etisalat.ae

Code:
Dear Etisalat,

We are in the need of using the VOIP application called "Ventrilo" for our gaming needs. We don't use this application for calling our friends in other countries, but its similar to a voice chat room where all people connect and talk to eacher other, mainly for gaming purposes.

As we know, there are many people having such problems and can't access the ventrilo network to talk to their friends while playing online games.

If only you can unblock this program and the UDP ports regarding it we will be most grateful.

willing to hear back from you,
regards,
*YOUR NAME HERE!!!*

If for any reason you want more help on IP Spoofing then please add me on MSN or XFIRE if you have them - this is because i dont want etisalat to block the only program left that im using at the moment.

my msn is : rsk_the_best@hotmail.com
xfire is : papa2ae

thanks a lot for reading, i know its huge
R
Closed Thread