Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Default VENT not getting enough CPU cycles

While playing WoW, VENT is not getting enough CPU cycles to operate properly. About 70% of the time, its okay - but then the other 30% of the time, people say my voice sounds "grumbly" or all broken up. I can hear them perfectly fine. It is only the sending of my own voice that there is an issue with. If I exit WoW, all of a sudden my voice clears up and they can hear me fine.

I did not see any options in the client panel for messing with the execution priority of the application, or doing any type of adjustments to the data output. I am using a USB based headset for the VENT input/output, connected to a MacBook Pro using OSX 10.5.8
Kokuryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 313

CPU cycles are probably not the issue. It's an issue with Vent and 10.5.6/7/8

see this thread


Unfortunately there is no current fix. The issue is affecting lots of people that use USB audio input - Vent, Skype, Garageband and a number of other applications are affected.
Jaycyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.