Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Server

Old 03-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #1
LsDAlucard

Default Router D-LINK DI-604 Setup. Helps?

Ok, I have read through Guide to Hosting a Server 71.105.251.166 post here in the Servers section and i need help with 3 things.

1: I only recieve 1 DNS Server after typeing the "ipconfig /all" in the command.
2: I dont know which of the IP's is my STATIC IP after completeing the walkthrough.
3: I need a description of what to edit and run my Ventrilo Server. (maybe someone can make mine for me to make sure its all correct)

If someone could please help me on this, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you.

P.S.
I can access my router and all, but i dont know my "private ip" is for and I reall dont know which of the "IP's" is the one i hand out for my friends to connect to my server. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by LsDAlucard; 03-21-2006 at 10:42 AM. Reason: wasnt getting enough traffic
LsDAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:33 PM   #2
Patrick

Check the help files that come with the server bundle. You can obtain your IP from www.ventrilo.com/myip.php
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
LsDAlucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Check the help files that come with the server bundle. You can obtain your IP from www.ventrilo.com/myip.php
---------------
-------------------------------------------------

Ok...this is going to be a long thread. I will put down my question and leave a large space. Please quote my post and place your answers where the space is.

1. Do i take the IP that is on www.ventrilo.com/myip.php and put that in my Static Ip or Private Ip *IN my router*?
(*In my router as going to Url and going to the IP then placeing it in the "Virtual Server"**Help1.jpg as posted**)

2. What am I supposed to put in my TCP/IP Settings for my router?
(* Tell me what to place in the boxes *)

3. Is anyone willing to make my INI file to my specifications and send it back to me to assure that it is set up the correct way?

4.If non of these answers help, will some one send a VERY detailed description of what to do and highlight all the info asked for above so I know what its for,what it does, and so i know where to put it.

Thank you to ANYONE and EVERYONE who help on this post.
Attached Images

Last edited by LsDAlucard; 03-21-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:48 PM   #4
LsDAlucard

So no-one will help me...thanks alot ppl
Old 03-23-2006, 08:00 PM   #5
Patrick

1. The IP you get from the myip.php is the IP you provide to anyone outside your network at home. The private IP for your router is your router assigned ip address you get from your DLink Router. Usually in the form of a 192.168.*.* address...

2. TCP, ports: 3784, have it set to always, at the top, make sure it's enabled.

3. PM me your specifications and I will create it for you. You should be able to edit it yourself though...
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote