Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 11-19-2007, 06:02 PM   #121
Patrick

Have you tried letting it sit there for at least 5 minutes trying to connect Sindrave? That worked for me...
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:04 PM   #122
Kyowai

Mine's been sitting there for the past 30 minutes, and so far, it's still Synchronizing.
Kyowai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:18 PM   #123
BloodMaster443

for some reason, i feel like the old client is better. i sorta had no problems with it until the 3.0.0 and all of the other clients came out. i done know where to put it and all that.... if this doesent makes anything better, im going to be with TeamSpeak.
BloodMaster443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #124
=WFC=LadyNakedneSS

Smile No problems

We have over 20 ventrilos, some with over 100 users each, and have had no problems at all with the new ventrilo or with anyone being set up or connecting. With the exception of some functionality we would like to see tweaked, as my post above says, it's working perfectly. Not only for myself, but for the over 600 members we have using it right this moment.

Not sure why so many others are having problems...maybe it's the service provider your ventrilos are through?

Anyway, just my 2 cents, but we love the update, as it gives us a lot more options as far as the level of access we can give to different level members. Thanks Flagship...Great Job

=WFC=Amb.LadyNakedneSS[HQ]
Proud member of WarForceClan
=WFC=LadyNakedneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #125
Crystal

Default Frustrated

Ok, well I rent directly from Ventrilo so Im not going through an obscure 3rd party. I sent in a ticket and was told that its a server issue between the ip trying to connect and the server. Now after reading all of these complaints, I am starting to wonder if I was not feed a line =/

It just seems strange that some people can get on without any problems and others cant. I would like to know if anybody is even asking what those that can not log in all have in common. Those who can not get into my Vent have now all downloaded the 3.1...still the same message.

Is there any help on the way?
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #126
OFxLedzeplin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
Ok, well I rent directly from Ventrilo so Im not going through an obscure 3rd party.
Flagship Industries, Inc. (makers of Ventrilo). To my knowledge do not offer hosting services. They sell licensing to 3rd party hosts to professionally host Ventrilo servers. So although likely not an "obscure" 3rd party vendor, all Ventrilo servers are obtained via 3rd party vendors.

In the bit of steady information that I have sorted out of most of the posts of people having problems, it appears to be issues with the ports, and type of network traffic that Ventrilo v3.0.x utilizes (UDP vs TCP). Unfortunately until more specific information on exactly what ports, etc it uses it remains somewhat guesswork for end users. Assuming they did not change any of that in this client update (noticed a server update as well) this could continue to be a problem for some.

PEACE
OFxLedzeplin
OFxLedzeplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:03 PM   #127
grogo

Default still says MSG: contacting server

i have just download the new 3.0.1 vent and when i try to connect to my guilds vent it just sits at the start saying MSG: contacting server how can i fix this please help me out
grogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #128
Sindrave

Ok I've let it sit for like 30 minutes nothing happens I have opened up all the ports i don't understand why 3.0 doesn't 2.3 worked perfectly but not this new version
Sindrave is offline   Reply With Quote