Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Server

Old 11-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
Flagship
Administrator

Default 3.0.1 server patch coming soon.

See the client side of some issues here. http://ventrilo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23510

Obviously some people have had a few problems with the 3.0 upgrade. But nothing that couldn't be overcome with a few changes in configuration files and an understand of how to tweak the default guest account.

From the server side of things there are the following:

1) Server name needs to be at least 4 characters long. I'm sorry this didn't get documented. It wasn't entered in to my revision control system and consequently it didn't get documented publicly. My bad. This happens when you make too many changes between checkins.

2) Guest account during conversion or creation of a new server default the Duplicate IP's option to "Do not allow". This will be changed to No Limit. Server admin can change it as he sees fit. Ideally, create unique accounts and let them have no limit. Once everyone is done modify the guest to account to be not allowed.

3) Fix strange exception fault at start. Seems to be channel file related. Still waiting for confirmation. Even then it could have a short term fix while I work on 3.0.1 changes.

If you think I missed something then post it here, but do it quick. Pro hosters can send me an email as well.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
VentriloServers.biz

Thank you!
VentriloServers.biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 AM   #3
X-Gaming

The only problem we've run across is the duplicate ip issue which was fixed pretty quick. Aside from that spending another 8+ hours updating servers doesn't sound appealing but if it's needed so be it. Better doing it now then later I suppose.
X-Gaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:14 AM   #4
DarkStarLLC

We too have only had issues so far with the Duplicate IP stuff which after some teaching seems to have helped a bit. No crashes yet!

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, the other issue I just realized we ran into is users locking themselves out before adding an admin account, maybe a suggestion would be to have some sort of code checking to make sure an admin account exists prior to the Guest Locked=1 option being set.

Just my 2 cents *extra cents*

Last edited by DarkStarLLC; 11-15-2007 at 01:18 AM.
DarkStarLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
Voice1.us

Default Client server name

a lot of people like the 3 letter name and I think that it should be changed so that they can still have three letter names to login and use ventrilo.
Voice1.us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #6
whoiga

Thanks a million!
whoiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #7
Magicality

Would it be possible to save the User profiles server side?

I understand it would be a little more then a "quick patch", but it would really help out a lot when you have many admins adding users...

On the same note, the chan admin/chan auth parts of the user profile currently do not save.
Magicality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:11 PM   #8
ds001

Default request for next patch

Please include integration information in the status polling. This should be trivial to implement for a quick patch.

Thanks a bunch!

ds[RoA]
ds001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #9
UGT-Josh

The majority of issues have been duplicate IP problems, but as for server crashes, I can confirm it is a channel issue.

If a server .chn file is formed like this [Channel 1 ] it will crash. That extra space causes a Segmentation fault on CentOS and FreeBSD. Changing it to [Channel 1] fixes the segmentation fault issue.

UGT-Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:20 PM   #10
lucky66

http://www.ventrilo.com/forums/showt...ve+users+lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky66 View Post
Exactly...and since the default channel or "lobby" doesn't show up in the chan admin list of available channels, you can't make them administrator of the "lobby". How is it possible for regular "admins" to move someone from that area?

I thought about making a channel that everybody would default to besides the "lobby"...but all they would have to do is move themselves back to the "lobby" and they wouldn't be able to be moved by my regular "admins".

There has to be a some way to do this, or a fix for it.
lucky66 is offline   Reply With Quote