Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
diehard345

Default ya

my microphone for the razer piranha headset worked perfectly fine for a little but now all it picks up is static and then clicky noise it makes when you push down your push to talk button any help?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:13 PM   #12
Jomar

I have the same problem my Mic wont pick up and this is teh arrors massage list i get
"Hardware overlay failed while trying to display the overlay.

Error code = -3
Reason = DDERR_OUTOFCAPS
Description = The hardware needed for the requested operation has already been allocated."

Anyone having this problem or had it and fix it!! Pls help!! i play W.O.W alot!
Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #13
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

jomar - the overlay function doesn't work on vista yet. disable it in the setup/overlay tab.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:47 AM   #14
Jomar

Okay i have a different problem now. i disable all the " overlay"
now when i plug my Headset the BLACK in put n PINK input my friends cant hear me nor i can hear them, BUT if i disconnect the BLACK input from the headset
They can hear me but, when they talk back to me i hear them from my speaker but the Middle speaker only not the rest of them

I have A logicTech X-530 the ones that come with 5 speakers.
and 3 input colors Black/Green/and kinda of peach or light orange one.
I try different ideas and still not working on vent,
I tried "Teamspeak" which i also use from there i don't get to no sound nor MIC at all

I use logictech headset as well
what would the problem be?
I called dell and they have tried to fix it, they said it has to be an issue with ventrilo and Teamspeak program
does anyone have a # for vent?

Last edited by Jomar; 02-27-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:38 AM   #15
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

is your sound config setup for 5.1/7.1?

try this:

No Sound when using a 5.1/7.1 Sound System

Goto Vent setup/voice tab / SFX / Directional / Add “Front Left & Right 5.1 or 7.1” or “Front Center”
Old 03-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #16
chrisnyc75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackDahlia View Post
I'm using Windows Vista 32 bit, and I cannot for the life of me get my PC to pick up sound from my mic. I am using a Razer Pirahna headset. All the jacks are plugged in properly, I have the USB plugged in too. I can pick up sound through the headset, but it will not pick up my voice at all.
I had a very similar problem when I first installed Vista on my PC.

First, have you checked if the problem specific to Ventrilo ONLY or not? Try recording something external through your audio-in jack with no regard for the Ventrilo program. If you find that your audio-in isn't transmitting to the OS at all, then if you are using an Intel based motherboard you have to turn OFF the "Instant-On" option in the BIOS or it conflicts with Vista's "Sleep" function and somehow screws with DirectX input architecture [or something convoluted like that]. The one I have is a pretty common mobo, especially for gaming PC's (Intel DG965WH), and the problem may have even applied to any Intel965 chipset based board, which is a LOT of them. Once I made the change in BIOS, never had an issue with it again.

If the problem is Ventrilo-specific for you though, then I have no idea. Maybe check that your "push to talk" set up on the first tab is right? Maybe check your PTT settings or your input/output renderer selections? If there's even one thing set wrong on that first tab in "setup" you won't hear or transmit anything even if the program appears to be functioning normally otherwise.

Also, if you have a Creative soundcard and use Creative Alchemy that could be something to look into also. I had to completely uninstall Alchemy because it wreaked havoc with both my in-game audio and Vent.

Last edited by chrisnyc75; 03-01-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:07 AM   #17
Mystriel

Default Mic Working only when Vent is active on desktop

I have a similar issue but my mic will work if I have vent open in front of me..as soon as I minimize it or even just switch to another program it won't work. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:06 AM   #18
Warpig

Default Ventrilo / Vista

Hi all, first I wanted to say hello, secondly I've been reading these threads for 2 days now in hopes of solving my problem with Vent/Vista but alas I cannot so here I am.

I installed the client in December, our guild uses it for raids, groups etc it worked fine from December to January (end of). This past week I raided with the guild and I can neither hear anyone nor can they hear me?

I am admin, Vent set to Admin (on desktop)

I uninstalled Vent and reinstalled including deleting the .ini file and clearing my system regisrty.

I DO NOT have any of the mute etc boxes checked.

I spent an hour or so in guild chat with working through the settings etc but I am unable to resolve the problem.

I updated and the reinstalled my audio drivers, neither had an effect.

If it was working I would normally assume it's got to do with my PC but I just can't think of anything that was changed, any help and or advice would be appreciated.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #19
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

mystriel - try this: set the vent icon to 'run as administrator' (rt-clik icon)
Old 03-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #20
Mystriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog-Rocker View Post
mystriel - try this: set the vent icon to 'run as administrator' (rt-clik icon)
I am running as administrator hon..first thing I tried

Now I did notice in realtek settings that there is a setting for allowing programs to take exclusive control of this device. That was checked..going to try using it unchecked and see if that clears up the issue. It seems to be treating the active program on my desktop as the device in control of sound. Any other settings I can monkey with that you would suggest?

Additional Note: tried the above with no effect

Last edited by Mystriel; 03-03-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Closed Thread