Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 06:00 AM   #31
Bisharaf

well i guess im mistaken then cuz i remember using proxifier but yeah now i know i was using it to reduce my latency which it was working actualy but it was on 1 month duration. anyways if u find something on how to make vent work again please let me know since i cant use proxifier anymore its 1 month duration ran out for me.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #32
han1man

Heres the verdict guys talked to a etisalat customer rep. While i was really pissed, so he spilled out this out

"VoIP programs are blocked, they are blocked for security reasons. Etisalat is not the one blocking this program but the UAE national telecoms authority is Blocking. In this case We CANNOT do anything about it I recommend talking to the Uae national telecoms authority"

I got their number and called them i got as far as getting on hold till my mobile credit ran out and I live in Al ain, so calling Dubai calls extra from my house phone so i rather not.

Be my guest and call 181 and ask for their number i erased it from my phone ( sorry really was upset about this !@# news )

In my opinion ( actually my guild mates opinion which I agree with 1001231% )
- If your paying for the internet that should mean you have access to everything thats related to the internet, I could understand them blocking sites with p*rngraphic material on but this is ridiculous.

Good luck to you all.

P.s: UAE internet fails Lets start our own internet company and exclude the stupid UAE telecoms authority
Old 02-26-2008, 12:16 AM   #33
Flagship
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Le_Mes View Post
Hey,

I've had this issue for a couple if weeks now and thought i'de shed a little more light from my experience.

I started experiencing exactly the same issue connecting to my ventrilo server from the UAE. BUT I can still connect perfectly every so often at random times, maybe once every 2 days if i get lucky, if i disconnect it will not let me back on until next time i get lucky, although i do have about 50 - 100 ping more than i used to. Also i would like to point out that all this happened just after the recent so called "cable cuts".

But i have found that i can host my own ventrilo server on my PC (The one i use i pay for and is hosted in Germany) and use Hamachi to allow friends to connect, if anyone reading this is experienced in how Hamachi and such programs work they might be able to work out what's wrong since i have little understanding of all the technicalities surrounding this. Point is if i host locally through Hamachi people can still connect as normal.

Also i can use Teamspeak, i'm thinking they haven't blocked this becuase some big companies such as Itihad Airways use TS for training, but TS sux hardcore and Etisalat have blocked the TS website, even anti-proxy can't get me past the blocked download of it. I used an older version of TS and it worked so whatever, Etisalat has been and can support VoIP services so the only reason they recently is that they don't want to.

I see the only reason they want to block them is so that the tonnes workers they bring in from asia can't freely comm back to their families, but erm... hate to burst their bubble but MSN will let them do that. I therefore see no reason for VoIP to be blocked, there is just no sensible reason.
Very informative post. I had forgotten about the cable cuts the other week. When I read that I started wondering if maybe they were trying to limit the amount of traffic and killing anything that might be stream oriented until the cables are repaired.

BTW: Your unable to bind message just meant that you had another copy of the server running.

I don't know if han1man's comments above about telecoms authority is true but I'll see if I can get an official answer.

Is everyone here who is having problems using Etisalat as their ISP or did I miss anyone above complaining about another company?

--Flag
Old 02-26-2008, 12:34 AM   #34
Bisharaf

we are all using Etisalat as our ISP.

what i mentioned before was Sahm ISP which is only for part of the town, they have no proxy for any sites what so ever so i was wondering to see if they have the same problem, but it seems no one is living at that area where Sahm provides their internet.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:42 AM   #35
han1man

In uae we only have 2 isp : DU and Etisalat
As far as i know DU's internet connection isn't that great and a matter of fact i dunno anyone that uses it
Etisalat is more used because it was the original Telecoms Company And DU is pretty new, it was only established about a year or so ago
Old 02-26-2008, 04:49 AM   #36
han1man

Dear Flag guy dude,
This is the offical answer i got today in my e-mail
Hope this helps
Offical reply to my email

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your query regarding voip application

Please note that the above-mentioned has been blocked, as Etisalat is currently not offering the service of voice over IP.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Once again we thank you for your email and look forward to serving you in the future.

Best regards,

Etisalat Customer Care Center
Tel:101 (toll-free)
Email:help@eim.ae
URL:[URL="http://www.etisalat.ae/"]http://www.etisalat.ae[/URL]

Serving you 24 hours, 7 days

Original message sent

Hello,
This is gonna be the 3rd email I send to you guys
Hopefully this
time ill get a response

I've been having alot of problems with a program
called "Ventrilo" its a Voice over IP(VoIP) program
Where you have a client
and a server, and of course the client connects to a server but for some
reason
it wont connect and its not just me. Its everyone i know thats using
Ventrilo, as well as my net cafe has also been having problems

Personally
i find this VERY unfair. We can understand when you ban "explicit" content but
this is just ridiculous
Ventrilo is in no way used to access anything flighty
or indecent, its just used to play games and talk as a group to work together.
Just like teamspeak is used alto that hasn't been blocked.

Thank you for
the time you took to read this.
And thank you for helping out (i hope)

Now back to watching Death note
Old 02-26-2008, 03:18 PM   #37
Flagship
Administrator

I just now sent an email to Etisalat asking for an official word of why the network problems exist. I will post it here if I get a response.

--Flag
Old 02-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #38
Jawaa

if eit(silly)aat dont fix this im gonna have to stop my vent and cancel my account and just get TS instead i dont want to do that as vent works much better, hopefully eit(silly)aat will unblock it.

my friends in KSA have vent and its not blocked over there so HOW COME its blocked in UAE???
Old 02-27-2008, 04:25 AM   #39
1lluminate

damn etisalat! this has been for too long now WE WANT VENT BACK!!
first the high latency problems tht we keep facing sometimes and now this?!
wht next? block all the internet websites? or even block the MMORPG games from coming online?

Dubai can be one of the most highly anticipated cities out there but its got one really stupid ISP provider thts for sure!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:09 AM   #40
Bisharaf

can someone who is using working teamspeak in dubai link me the port or even the host or ip.

i guess there was this guy who was using a teamspeak in dubai can u please link me ur port. will much appreciated.
Closed Thread