Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 12-17-2007, 03:58 AM   #1
petesamp

Exclamation Trouble with loading up vent

Vent was working fine no problems then all of a sudden about 3 months ago I got this huge problem. Whats happening is I double click on vent to open it and it's taking a really long time to load up at least 4 to 5 minutes. Say I want to edit my account on vent in any kind of manner as in changing my name, changing some options or change an ip or port or anything to that manner it takes 4 to 5 minutes to load back up. When I'am chaning my options the vent box will stay up on the screen but in the middle there will be a grey line crossing the middle with an hour glass as my cursor (as in to wait). I have tried to reinstall vent, rebooting several times and there is nothing that will make this sucker work if you have any ideas just please post I really need the help. It's especially annyoing when I'm trying to ring for another team, because they will just get another ringer instead of me because it takes 5 minutes to connect. So if you have anything just please help me thanks.
petesamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:20 AM   #2
Magnoon

Try renaming the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\(yourusername)\Application Data\Ventrilo
This will reset all your ventrilo settings, if it doesn't work you can safely rename it back.
Magnoon is offline   Reply With Quote