Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 04-06-2014, 12:25 AM   #1
Dragon Ruler X

Default PTT Advanced Toggle

I've looked around online, but haven't found an answer.

The goal i'm trying to reach is simple: Use the PTT-Advanced feature in a "Toggle" type format.

To elaborate - I have a Ventrilo server set with multiple channels. I want to be in a channel called "Commander" and then use Numpad 1 to transmit to Group 1. I do not, however, want to keep holding Numpad 1 to transmit. I want to press Numpad 1 once to begin transmitting forever until I press Numpad 1 again to cease transmission. The purpose of this is so that if I need to type to someone while talking to this other channel - I can - where otherwise I would have to be holding a button down which would instantly feed into the chat log box.

I would also like a "Game-Mode" type option if possible. I understand running as administrator is a valid approach, but I'd rather be able to toggle this feature on the fly by going into settings and checking or unchecking a box thus enabling easier configuration for transmission while in a full screen game where Ventrilo is no longer the "focused" window. The purpose of this would be to not be allowing Ventrilo administrative rights on the "off-chance" that Ventrilo's servers become hacked.

I'm all about security and having options. If methods exist for what i'm proposing then I'd love to hear them. If these don't exist I would highly recommend and appreciate the incorporation of them.

Please let me know what my options are and/or if these changes may be foreseen in the future.

Thanks,
Dragon Ruler X
Dragon Ruler X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

Quote:
Use the PTT-Advanced feature in a "Toggle" type format
for this request you would have to set vent to use voice-activation. then create a bind that sets Num1 as the hotkey and select the function 'toggle mute microphone'. the toggle is a one time keypress that mutes/unmutes the mic.

set the voice-activation to a sensitivity where it turns off the transmit when you're not talking. suggest starting at 2 then increasing the value. set the outbound amplifier to 0.
for more granularity, set the hardware mixer to the same as the input device then use the line volume slider to adjust the output.

----------

i'll have to check on the 'game-mode' type option. the run-as-admin option is only to allow vent direct access to the audio driver for the mic whenever another program also has access.
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
Dragon Ruler X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog-Rocker View Post
for this request you would have to set vent to use voice-activation. then create a bind that sets Num1 as the hotkey and select the function 'toggle mute microphone'. the toggle is a one time keypress that mutes/unmutes the mic.
I saw that as an option when researching. However, I would like to toggle the channels to receive my communication as I already use voice-activated settings.

To be a bit more descriptive assume this scenario with voice-activation.

I'm in the channel "Commanders" and I need to check the status of the channel "Group 1". However, I am fighting in game and need full control over in-game chat and and my skill sets, but communication is imperative. I have an opening to hit the Num1 key to open my communication line to Group 1. The information is passed and I now need to reach Groups 4 and 5, but I don't want to confuse the Group 1 leader when talking to Groups 4 and 5 so I need to cut communication from Group 1 by toggling that bind off. I then need to open communication to Group 4 and 5 with Num4 and Num5 and then after the information is passed cut those binds off too. Lastly if I needed to speak to all channels I have Num0 set to target all channels at once. All of this is during heated combat and other conversations in these channels and therefore I need a quick tap-on + tap-off feature for each channel/bind. As voice-activation is already set I don't need to set anything for toggling my mic, but rather, toggling the channel.
Dragon Ruler X is offline   Reply With Quote