Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Server

Old 01-10-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
GoonGobbler

Default Group Hosting Idea?

I'm not sure if the vent staff still accepts ideas or not, but I figured it couldn't hurt anything.....anyways my idea is:

Clients should be able to type in a group-host name, which has stored the IPs of all servers in the server group, along with which one is the selected/dominate server at the moment. If the current dominate server drops, the clients bounce to a new server from the list which becomes the new dominate server.

Each person that wants to be a server would be allowed to type in the domain/server group name to whichever one he/she wishes to join. A set of rules are agreed upon when the server group is created. (Max users, banned clients, private/public, port number ect), this information would be downloaded automatically by the servers from the original host and stored in a place where it cannot be altered.

Anyways, I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not, but I know I personally would be able to host more often, as I hate being the only host for my clan, if I'm down, no one can use vent. It's just way to be a little more lazy, which people love.
GoonGobbler is offline   Reply With Quote