Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 10-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #1
Jkthp

Default No voice, test has voice

I am having a problem with one computer. I am using a USB headset (turtle beach) and the on board sound (Realtek ALC887) in Win 10 . When I run the test I can hear myself in playback, but others cannot hear me when I am connected in the server. The mic lights up green on both my screen and theirs. Nothing is muted and enable voice is checked. Have tried all the various combinations of checking and unchecking the use direct sound and the drop down for the realtek audio. This is a fresh install that did not have voice from the very first login. I have another computer in the same house that was set up at the same time that is working properly and you can hear the voice from it on the one with no voice. Tried different codecs as well. Seems strange that I can hear myself when recording in test mode and that the levels are all good but others cannot hear my voice in the server. Any help is appreciated.
Jkthp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:11 AM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

in vent setup, make sure the input device is set to the device you're using for the mic.

try setting both Vent and any online game to ‘Run As Administrator’ (rt-click their icon / properties / compatibility tab / privilege level) or (rt-click their icon and select 'Run as Administrator')
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote