Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 02-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
TKirschler

Default Can't transmit when in game

When I set my vent up all works well. The monitor tests indicates receipt of my microphone in the system. When I run the "test", my test is transmitted back to me. Whenever I go into the game, I can hear others and the gaming sounds but they cannot hear me. I have tried several codecs. The two that seem to work are the Lernout and Hauspie and the Speex.

My settings are use direct sound/default direct sound device for output and input. Mixer = none; mux and line are blank. Discard hotkey is not activated all the rest are.

My sound card is part of the Asus Rampage Formula motherboard.

I have all the rest of the settings set as they were when the program was installed. I am using Ventrilo 3.0.4 (Win32)

I am sure that I am missing something but I am not sure what that is.
TKirschler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

what OS are you running?
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
TKirschler

I am running Vista 64. I tried using the new 64 download and had the same issues. When I set up the codec everything seems to be working fine. When I join the Ventrilo program the others in the server can hear me and we can talk back and forthe. When I go into the game (World at War), they cannot hear me despite the indicator by my name is lighting up. They can "see" trying to talk to them. When I leave the WaW game and check the Vent setup, it shows that I have no codec listed on the setup screen. I reset the codec and try again with the same result.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

the codec is set by the server

[FONT=Verdana]When using Vista and PTT, try setting both Vent and any online game to ‘Run As Administrator’ (rt-click their icons)[/FONT]
Old 02-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
TKirschler

Tried administrator fix. Did not work. Error message: Voice Comm Mixer Start: Invalid mux selection (-1) Nothing shows in dropdown menu for mux setup.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
James_Typefrag

To fix this, all you will need to do is go into the Setup menu on Ventrilo and change the hardare input mixer setting to "None".
James_Typefrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
TKirschler

That worked for the error message. However, evertime I enter the game, no one can hear me. I exit the game and my codec is gone from the setup page.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
James_Typefrag

The codec setting on the Setup page is going to change depending on the server you are connecting to, regardless of what you select. Did you make sure to run Ventrilo as the administrator?
James_Typefrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #9
TKirschler

Yes - I ran both WaW and Ventrilo as an administrator. It still failed to operate. Could I be having a problem with my sound card (Asus formula rampage w/built in sound card)?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

in vent setup, try the 4 combinations of 'use directinput to detect' and 'discard hotkey'

is the in-game voice disabled (if it supports it)

are there any error messages in the vent log file? rt-clik / view / log file / scroll to bottom