Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 02-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #81
Sean-Sheep

Default t-mobile

petehandy

Please help i have the same problem as you also i am with t-mobile web and walk phoned them and they said i cant use talking out the internet without the maxium package. Which is strange because ive been using vent for 6months+ with no problems untill now.

Can you please tell me step by step what you did.

Many thanks in advance
Sean-Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #82
Sean-Sheep

/bump
Old 02-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #83
rasto

i must confess mine also worked for ooo atleast 5 months i assumed that maybe the relised they missed vent or something then blocked it, but like u, if i repeatdly disconnected and reconnected sometimes it let me on and would then be fine, however since last night even if i do manage to get on i get dissconnected within a few minites, I am going to try other voip services and see if they are the same. any recommendations i was thinking of team speak
rasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #84
petehandy

Default sean sheep

Ive been connected to a server for 9 hours today without a glitch. but to get connected, like rasto says, I have to repeatedly disconnect and reconnect on the web n walk software, today only took about 10 minutes. when I disconnected I could not reconnect again.
petehandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #85
Sean-Sheep

ye i connect and DC a few times got online, but DC within seconds

I spoke to t-mobile today and they said they havent blocked and new ports recently but who knows.

Then he went onto say you need web and walk max to use Voip

So now iam not sure if its ISP or ventrilo :S
Old 02-20-2009, 03:26 AM   #86
Sean-Sheep

/bump
Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #87
petehandy

Default Giving up, no tech support

I'm giving up with ventrilo, there seems to be very little technical support, and nothing has been done to make it work properly. I am fed up with seeing ?MSG: synchronising and not getting anywhere. I am spending most of my time trying to get this thing to connect.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #88
Banok

I am also with tmobile web'n'walk (mobile broad is shit avoid it at all costs)

I have been using vent for ages as well, but now how this problem. the other day it randomly started working again for a limited time only i have no idea why.

does anyone know where i can download version 3.0.3, i've searched google for ages but no luck. as I feel it might be version 3.0.4 that is causing the problem, i'm pretty sure I only started getting this problem when I decided to get the new version.
Banok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #89
petehandy

Default quote

FLAGSHIP ADMINISTRATOR SAYS
If your client is displaying “MSG: Contacting” then your network is either blocking the UDP port that the requested server is listening on, or the server has not been upgraded to 3.0 yet as mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Ventrilo also uses port 6100 to verify the authenticity of the server and must be open for UDP based communication. Again, if your network admins were to use an SPI based firewall then this would not be an issue.

If your client is displaying “MSG: Synchronizing” then your network is either blocking port 6100 outbound UDP requests or possibly blocking all inbound UDP traffic even if the replies are legitimate.

I hear what you say Mr Flagship but if that was the reason it doesnt work, then why should it work some of the time? I dont understand. Surely the ports are either open or closed.
Sometimes vent says ?MSG: contacting server
other times it says resolving host name, followed by either
?MSG: contacting server or
server is available,press connect

Sometimes when I press connect it connects, and the other day I was on a server for 9 hours.
other times, it says
resolving hostname, followed by either ?MSG: contacting server or
?MSG synchronising.
If its blocked it wouldnt work sometimes, it wouldnt work at all.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #90
Clagsnag

This is ridiculous. I have wasted 8 hours of my life trying to fix vent to no avail. I am a team leader in my gaming guild and I need vent to be able to run it effectively. I have tried everything in the 14+ pages of multiple threads in this forum and nothing works. I should not have to waste my time to get their program working.

This problem started on my wife’s computer a few weeks ago which is connected exactly the same way as mine. However, my comp could connect just fine the whole time. So it is not the network or internet or both comps should have had this problem at the same time. The other day I got hers to log in for about two hours by reinstalling Norton as it was shipped with her comp. But today that fix seems to have been a dream as her comp cannot connect yet again.

Now a few weeks later my comp starts doing the same dang thing. Overnight it went from connecting fine to getting the dreaded stuck on connecting. This machine never even had anything but McAfee and it always worked with it just fine. There have been no changes to this comp that I am aware of between now and then and just in case I rolled it back to no avail. All the ports are open, I can turn off all protection and it does nothing, it just will not connect.

I don’t think it could be the network or internet in the apartment building as her comp was having the problem while mine, sitting 5 feet away, connected to the same thing, was working fine.

I even wiped my Wife’s computer back to its factory shipped condition and reinstalled everything and it is STILL stuck on connecting.

I am sick of hearing that it must be the network or your comp or something else cause it can’t be vent. Find a way to fix it or at least let us know what is going on. I would switch to Teamspeak in a heartbeat but I can’t ask a guild of 200+ people to change just because me and my wife can’t get on vent. Part of me hopes this is an epidemic so you have to fix it or the rest of my guild will get the problem and we will all want to switch. Luckily from searching google the past few weeks it seems that this problem is becoming more and more prevalent and maybe they will have to change something then. I need to get this figured out NOW as I have to lead something on Sunday.

~Very angry and wanting 8 hours of my life back
J

[Edit] Hooray, my wife just informed me that it has been a total of 15 hours if you include a day I forgot.

sigh.... 17 hrs

Last edited by Clagsnag; 02-21-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Clagsnag is offline   Reply With Quote