Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 02-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #71
Blades2004

Hmm also wanted to point out that my other computer in my house can access vent just fine. So its something wrong with my comp, but i just cant figure it out =(
Blades2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #72
Blades2004

/bump
Old 02-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #73
petehandy

Looks like we are all having the same problem ?MSG Contacting server or ?MSG synchronising, mine did work to start with but now it doesn't. I thought it was getting blocked by T-mobile, my ISP but now I'm not sure
I've tried th tracert and telnet tests, tracert gave me ping time and name of my computer and telnet connected with server and then aborted, this is on a local 10.x.x.x IP and tracert to an external server gave me ping times and IPs of 13 hops. Even after it says Sever is available I still get these ?MSG synchronising. Ive rebooted and refreshed my internet connection several times. HELP ME please !!
petehandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #74
rasto

@ pete handy

I also have t-mobile and i thought that it was t-mobile blocking it, i even phoned and spoke to someone at the call center who said it was possible, but i dont beilive it is i honestly beilive it is a fault with ventrillo i find that if i keep disconnecting and reconnecting the router eventually i can contact but some days its worse than overs, today for example, it has taken 21 minites of constantly disconnecting and reconnecting and still no joy. To be honest i am going to cancle the vent server and get teamSpeak or something like that cause THIS IS A FAULT WITH VENTRILO, It makes no sense, we can get 1000000 thosand copy paste responses about opening ports but i know the ports are open as sometimes i can connect, and as u have found u can't even connect to a local server, Also vent worked for months and months and months and then bang one night it stops working, Its not helped by the fact that vent is like herpes on your computer and even if u uninstall it, it still leaves data on your pc cause even if u reinstalled your data is still saved somewhere so its logical to assume that the fault is in that file, i am sure when they bring out the next version of vent it will be fixed but it would ne nice if someone could admit the obvious and say its broken but dont worry we are trying to fix it rather that "open the ports open the ports do tracert" parrott like response.
rasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #75
petehandy

Default thanks rasto

I did email t-mobile because I cannot use voipcheap, but they said web n walk plus will not accomodate voip services, but vent hardly uses anything, so I doubt they'd block it, I can connect to voipcheap server and start to make a call, then the audio crashes because of bandwidth. Anyway, thanks for your reply. If only Ventrilo was as reliable as a volkswagon !
Old 02-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #76
Blades2004

/bump. Also not using Tmobile... plz help
Old 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #77
rasto

Sorry for my rant, Andy if you read this u may want to check this link, [URL]http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/29/tmobile_voip_tariff/[/URL], Apperently T-mobile do totally block out all VOIP services Unless u buy there new max server witch is a total rip off, I am so angry that i am now stuck in a contract with them now, But basically this is for benefit of any other T-mobile web 'n' walk plus (not web 'n' walk max) customers VENTRILO WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU.

Sorry from my rant above.
rasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:46 PM   #78
Blades2004

np, but can a Admin or someone that knows how to fix my prob plz post with a solution. Getting very irratated here...
Old 02-19-2009, 06:25 AM   #79
petehandy

Default t-mobile

obviously t-mobile dont block ventrilo, I was using it for about 4 hours lastnight, now its back to ?MSG synchronising and ?MSG contacting server
Old 02-19-2009, 06:55 AM   #80
petehandy

After a few attempts I got on the server. I left ventrilo running and refreshed my connection to force a new IP, this is how I get it to work every time.
Surely if it was being blocked by the ISP, it wouldnt work sometimes, it wouldnt work at all. I agree with other posts that ventrilo has a fault somewhere along the line.