Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Server

Old 02-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
Varhalla

Default Special functions? Looking for any gurus.

Hello, me and my friend just purchased a vent for our World of Warcraft guild. The last guild we were in had a ventrilo, and when items came up that needed to be discussed amongst the officers, they'd have a special, I guess bind, where we could see the green light come on, but we couldn't hear them, and only those who were officers could, and the officers could talk aswell. Could anyone help me out and let me in on how this is done?
Varhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
Ur-Jack

- Connect to the server and make sure all the people which you wish to be able to talk to on a private level are on too. In your case, all of the Guild Officers.

- Open the bindings editor in the top half of the Ventrilo client

- Click New to create a new binding for this feature and give it a name. Anything you wish

- In the Function box, select Push-To-Talk, Advanced

- In the Transmit Style bix, select User-to-user

- Click the dotted button next to the User logon name(s) box beneath and add all of the officers to the list in the newly opened window.

- Click inside the Bind key text boxx and select which key you wish to bind and then click the Add button beneath to add it.

- Click OK button at the bottom and it should be saved.

- Highlight the new bind in the binding selector in the Ventrilo clients and it should be avtice whenever you press the appropriate key, transmitting to only those people whom you nominated earlier.
Ur-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #3
Ur-Jack

Each officer will need to make a bind such as this if they wish a conversation to go back and forth between only a certain list of individuals.
Ur-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
Flagship
Administrator

Or create a PW'ed channel that officers drop phantoms into and then bind a PTT key to transmit into that channel.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:53 PM   #5
Varhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur-Jack View Post
- Connect to the server and make sure all the people which you wish to be able to talk to on a private level are on too. In your case, all of the Guild Officers.

- Open the bindings editor in the top half of the Ventrilo client

- Click New to create a new binding for this feature and give it a name. Anything you wish

- In the Function box, select Push-To-Talk, Advanced

- In the Transmit Style bix, select User-to-user

- Click the dotted button next to the User logon name(s) box beneath and add all of the officers to the list in the newly opened window.

- Click inside the Bind key text boxx and select which key you wish to bind and then click the Add button beneath to add it.

- Click OK button at the bottom and it should be saved.

- Highlight the new bind in the binding selector in the Ventrilo clients and it should be avtice whenever you press the appropriate key, transmitting to only those people whom you nominated earlier.

Worked great, I appreciate the help.
Varhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
Negatis

I also have a question related to this. I have the binding set up for a select group of people to chat with each other as described below, but every now and then someone messes up and hits the general PTT key, not realizing it was said via the binding.

Is it possible to enable something like key clicks only for the binding, but not the general PTT key?
Negatis is offline   Reply With Quote