Ventrilo Tech Support

Ventrilo Tech Support (http://forum.ventrilo.com/index.php)
-   Macintosh Client (http://forum.ventrilo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PTT not working if i have a program out other than VENTRILO (http://forum.ventrilo.com/showthread.php?t=29599)

ejwessel 07-02-2008 01:34 AM

PTT not working if i have a program out other than VENTRILO

I play World of Warcraft and i like speaking to friends over vent, but when i play WOW and press the PTT key it doesnt work. Instead i have to click on the little Ventrilo window and then it works, but if i have anything else but the vent window clicked on the PTT doesnt work. Wondering if you could help me figure out whats wrong. I asked somebody with a mac and he says he just has to press the PTT and it works despite him playing wow or in Word, excel, etc.
-Thanks

wgates 07-15-2008 11:08 AM

I had this problem for a while and it cleared itself up magically (really). I called mac support and they said "it is an issue with ventrilo's window prioritization protocol." I talked to ventrilo and they said it was a known bug and they couldn't fix it.

wadesworld 07-15-2008 01:38 PM

Turn on "Enable Access for Assistive Devices" in your Universal Access preference pane.

pijavka 07-28-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadesworld (Post 113739)
Turn on "Enable Access for Assistive Devices" in your Universal Access preference pane.

it doesnt work...still...

UtisZ 08-14-2008 08:32 PM

I have the same problem...

it just happened recently, whenever I open another window, even if its just a finder window, I can't talk into vent. Only when I'm actually clicked on the program, does it work.

I uninstalled the program, then installed it again, but the problem still persists.

joshrewritten 08-16-2008 10:23 AM

i have the same issue, but i found that if you set a mouse key as the hot key (such as mighty mouse button 4) than it works, it seems to be only keyboard related

konomike 01-01-2009 11:09 AM

PPT doesn't work out of focus

I know the recommendation is to check the "Enable access for assistive devices" box in the Universal Access panel of System Preferences. I have done this and PTT still won't work when Ventrilo isn't the application in focus.

As joshrewritten mentioned, binding PTT to a mouse button does work. I'd much prefer to bind PTT to a key, though. Mighty Mouse buttons 1, 2, and 3 are in use by the application I'm trying to use, and I've always found button 4 (the squeeze buttons) awkward to use.

I am running Ventrilo 3.0.4 on OS X 10.5.6 on a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac if that helps anyone.

I just wanted to post to say this still appears to be an issue. Let me know if anyone has any recommendations (or if I'm just doing something wrong). Thanks! :)

AniDragon 01-10-2009 09:12 PM

I have the same problem. I have an extra mouse button on my tablet mouse that I'm not using, so I can use that for now, but it would be nice to be able to use a keyboard key instead.

wadesworld 01-11-2009 01:33 PM

Can one of you guys take a screenshot of your Ventrilo setup tab?

tireur10 01-11-2009 06:43 PM

DUDe ,ive been working on this for like 7 hours!!!!HElp lol!!!

p.s :dont how to use mouse as hot key?plz need some help