Ventrilo Tech Support

Ventrilo Tech Support (http://forum.ventrilo.com/index.php)
-   Windows Client (http://forum.ventrilo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Connecting to Vent from Dubai (http://forum.ventrilo.com/showthread.php?t=26830)

Jawaa 02-22-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by han1man (Post 103749)
Yes teamspeak also works for me.
Well if they don't fix it in a week or so im out of my guild -.-'
Etisalat fails :mad:

show them this thread and tell them that it is out of ur hands now - u are trying but its not ur fault - my guild understands and im waiting for this to be solved too :(

ps: isnt team-speak blocked?

Bisharaf 02-22-2008 11:35 PM

from what i heard they not gonna open ventrilo for now i mean its gonna be blocked for some times or maybe ever ... i think if we all call etisalat ( 101 ) they might consider opening it again. i still dont know why they have done this but i would love to know the reason ...

han1man 02-23-2008 01:53 AM

Well they might understand if ur a member I on the other hand am just a trial im suppose to get my member rank very soon but i doubt ill get it.

Yes Team speak works fine

And i called 101 one thousand times they can't to do anything
But on the other hand if enough of us send emails to the email they give you, i cant really remember what it was they might consider unblocking it
If you do decide to call ask them for * the email were u can send complains and stuff, its [EMAIL="help@e"]help@e[/EMAIL].... (Cant remember the name as i said b4) *

hopefully they should sort it out soon enough

Nick_Le_Mes 02-23-2008 04:10 PM

More light

Hey,

I've had this issue for a couple if weeks now and thought i'de shed a little more light from my experience.

I started experiencing exactly the same issue connecting to my ventrilo server from the UAE. BUT I can still connect perfectly every so often at random times, maybe once every 2 days if i get lucky, if i disconnect it will not let me back on until next time i get lucky, although i do have about 50 - 100 ping more than i used to. Also i would like to point out that all this happened just after the recent so called "cable cuts".

But i have found that i can host my own ventrilo server on my PC (The one i use i pay for and is hosted in Germany) and use Hamachi to allow friends to connect, if anyone reading this is experienced in how Hamachi and such programs work they might be able to work out what's wrong since i have little understanding of all the technicalities surrounding this. Point is if i host locally through Hamachi people can still connect as normal.

Also i can use Teamspeak, i'm thinking they haven't blocked this becuase some big companies such as Itihad Airways use TS for training, but TS sux hardcore and Etisalat have blocked the TS website, even anti-proxy can't get me past the blocked download of it. I used an older version of TS and it worked so whatever, Etisalat has been and can support VoIP services so the only reason they recently is that they don't want to.

I see the only reason they want to block them is so that the tonnes workers they bring in from asia can't freely comm back to their families, but erm... hate to burst their bubble but MSN will let them do that. I therefore see no reason for VoIP to be blocked, there is just no sensible reason.

Nick_Le_Mes 02-24-2008 03:31 AM

Today i woke up and our Hamachi ventrilos are now:

"ERROR: Unable to bind to a TCP socket." :(

I guess Etisalat are really on a mission here.

Bisharaf 02-24-2008 03:43 AM

i called 101 today again and a lady answered and when i told her about the issue she said there is no such information about ventrilo. she also told me if its pc to phone then yeah it might be blocked but as far as i know ventrilo is pc to pc program so they cant basically block it, and if enough of us email [email]help@eim.ae[/email] they might reconsider opening ventrilo for us again.

i was wondering if the ppl who r using Sahm (those who live in dubai marina, green or meadows) have the same problem or not, just wanna know if their ventrilo been blocked as well since there is no proxy on their side never has been.