Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Server

Old 11-13-2005, 01:56 PM   #1
grimnir

Default Mac server

I posted this in the setting up a server moved topic, but it doesn't say that anyone posted or bump it so I figured no one would read it. But, I'm wondering about this too, my guild switched to speex for a day or two, but some of the pc users complained so they went back to GSM. Is it possible to set up a public 8 slot server on my machine that at least a few friends could use. I tried downloading the mac server, but after messing with it for a while I couldn't get it to run. I configured the .ini file acourding to the ventrilo_srv.htm file that came with it, but it would just logout every time I tried starting it up saying that it couldn't read the .ini data file. So anyway is it possible to set this up on my mac, and does anyone know how?
grimnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 07:39 PM   #2
a2daj

How are you launching the application? I launch my server with ./ventrilo_srv in a terminal window
where I've cd to the ventrilo folder. What I should do sometime is make a .command shell script so I can just double click that file to launch the server.
a2daj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:36 PM   #3
grimnir

I was just launching it in the terminal window by double clicking the verntrilo_srv file. I get this when I do it though:

/Users/myname/Desktop/ventrilo_srv-2.3.1-My-Name-Computer:~ dtrilo_srv-2.3.1-Darwin-powerpc/ventrilo_srv; exitn
Ventrilo Server - Public - Version 2.3.1
(c)Copyright 1999-2005 Flagship Industries, Inc.

Unable to open configuration file 'ventrilo_srv.ini'.
ERROR: Unable to read configuration data. Exiting.
logout
[Process completed]
grimnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:35 PM   #4
[cas]tribe

/Users/username/ventrilo_srv/ventrilo_srv -f/users/username/ventrilo_srv/ventrilo_srv
This starts the server up. Offcourse you have to modify the path to suit your needs. The easiest way of doing this is to open terminal, drag the ventrilo_srv app and add the rest (From -f). Hope this helps someone.
[cas]tribe is offline   Reply With Quote