Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Server

Old 11-10-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
Feuermeister

Exclamation Setting up a Server

I have downloaded the server client from this site anbd would like to be able to set it up beacuse my guild rents its server and does not have acess to the codec. therefore we need somone who is online 24/7 to host it, which i offered to do. I need a walkthrough of how to set up the server client from the file you download from this website.

also maybe im being stupid and this isnt even possible, so any help at all related to this issue would be great.
Feuermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
gramathy

You should be able to change the codec through the company you rent through. If you can't, you should probably consider renting from somewhere else.

Also, the free server is limited to eight slots - not the best for guild events.
gramathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
Feuermeister

Default Setting up server

sadly i am not the guild leader so i have no pull when it would come to trying to convince them to change servers. I did not realise that the free server has only 8 slots. How much would it cost for a server that supports 50+ people at a time?
Feuermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 01:41 PM   #4
grimnir

I'm wondering about this too, my guild switched to speex for a day or two, but some of the pc users complained so they went back to GSM. Is it possible to set up a public 8 slot server on my machine that at least a few friends could use. I tried downloading the mac server, but after messing with it for a while I couldn't get it to run. I configured the .ini file acourding to the ventrilo_srv.htm file that came with it, but it would just logout every time I tried starting it up saying that it couldn't read the .ini data file. So anyway is it possible to set this up on my mac, and does anyone know how?
grimnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #5
radon

where can i get a free vt server?
radon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:03 AM   #6
wadesworld

Yes, it is possible to set it up on your Mac.

The free server (limited to 8 slots) can be downloaded from the download page on this site.

Quote:
I have downloaded the server client from this site anbd would like to be able to set it up beacuse my guild rents its server and does not have acess to the codec.
Most of the time, this is simply misinformation. Someone gives out the wrong answer and everyone thinks it can't be done. For those hosting companies that do not give you a control panel to change it yourself, it's usually just a matter of sending an email / opening a ticket with their tech support.

If they truly refuse to change the codec for you, let Flagship know who the company is.

Wade
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote