Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 04:55 PM   #1
Flagship
Administrator

Default Now available - 2.3.2.Prototype.6

The first official Ventrilo client for Mac OSX is now available.

Click here to read the announcement.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:09 PM   #2
halprin

Freaking awesome! Woot! Thank you!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:11 PM   #3
Sirbob

Smile Best news all day!

Best news I have got all day!! Can't wait to get home and try it!
Old 11-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #4
Psyphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzap
thisis a major step in the process this is very good but i would like to have mor compatibliity with the codecs it only supports speex and none of my guilds servers use that so i can not listen nor talk to them if you could get that beta up fats that would be great!!!!!!!.
Indeed, it is a bittersweet day for me as well. While ecstatic that we finally have a mac client, I downloaded it only to find that my guild's server uses a different codec then speex.

Hopefully, the client will have its codex compatibility enhanced shortly, I'd love to me able to talk with my guild (other only being able to listen through the processor killing VPC Vent!)

But my problems aside, thank you very much Flagship. Thank you.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:21 PM   #5
StraightZ

Yeah I see the that above user is having the same problem as my friend.

I am John from NationVoice, and we found out that the server needs to be set on Speex inorder for the MAC client to speak. He can hear the rest of us fine, but he can't speek.

So what I did, I set up a temp. server, with the Speex 32 codec, and he sounds awesome. He also needed to set his Slience time to 0.5 and his Sensetivity to 2 - inorder of us to be able to hear him.

So if you're using MAC, you will need to be able to do that, inorder to speak. I am going to provide a screenshot, of the error he got when he joined the server, or tried to talk; not sure.

http://homepage.mac.com/auero/vent.png

Hope this helps anyone.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:51 PM   #6
Captain K

This release is great news, thanks for the hard work. We've been waiting quite anxiously for this.

Unfortunately, the server we rent uses the GSM 6.10 codec, so we'll have to wait for that codec to be supported by the Macintosh client. Any kind of an ETA on GSM 6.10 codec support, Flagship?

In any case, waiting a short while longer isn't any huge inconvenience, now that there's a very bright light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks again.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:54 PM   #7
halprin

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightZ
He also needed to set his Slience time to 0.5 and his Sensetivity to 2 - inorder of us to be able to hear him.
Or you can use a Push-To-Talk Hotkey and just press and hold that hotkey down when speaking and let go when you are done.

Quote:
I am going to provide a screenshot, of the error he got when he joined the server, or tried to talk; not sure.

http://homepage.mac.com/auero/vent.png

Hope this helps anyone.
You get that error when you JOIN a server that is not set to the Speex codec.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:47 PM   #8
mjgraf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain K
This release is great news, thanks for the hard work. We've been waiting quite anxiously for this.

Unfortunately, the server we rent uses the GSM 6.10 codec, so we'll have to wait for that codec to be supported by the Macintosh client. Any kind of an ETA on GSM 6.10 codec support, Flagship?

In any case, waiting a short while longer isn't any huge inconvenience, now that there's a very bright light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks again.
see if you can change the server codec
try using
Speex 16KHz, 16bit, 9 Qlty

that is what we are using on the test server and is a nice balance of quality and bandwidth.

simliar bandwidth byte transfer as GSM 22Khz
Old 11-03-2005, 10:04 PM   #9
StraightZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by halprin
Or you can use a Push-To-Talk Hotkey and just press and hold that hotkey down when speaking and let go when you are done.
I believe he said that the Push-To-Talk didn't work, he said that he couldn't bind a key, not sure though. He isn't around right now, so I can't ask him.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:10 PM   #10
halprin

Quote:
I believe he said that the Push-To-Talk didn't work, he said that he couldn't bind a key, not sure though. He isn't around right now, so I can't ask him.
Binds is something different than the Push-To-Talk hot key. And I the Push-To-Talk hot key thing works.
Closed Thread