Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 01-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
ashendare

Default Text to speech

Hello, I wanted to know if something was doable with ventrilo, and if not, what other similair program can do this. I'll start off by explaining my situation

I am deaf and I play with some friends that always use ventrilo. they aren't very good at looking at in game chat, and my voice isn't understandable enough. They're good about typing in chat to me, and my wife can tell me what they say most of the time if she's playing as well.

I want to be able to type and have what I type be sent as speech. I have found where you can have a hotkey press say a specific message in ventrilo, but that's not what I'm looking for. any help would be most appreciated!

Optimally, I would be able to press say ctrl+` or some such, and then the program would copy what I type in from there through directinput, then when I press enter, it'd send the voice message - and also I would have .typed it in the game and sent as text as well.

Any help would be much appreciated, I've been getting more and more frustrated as more and more clans/guilds become vent required. If i could talk in it at least, perhaps that'd be enough for them... I don't know yet for sure
ashendare is offline   Reply With Quote