Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 07-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
mapashhe

Default I cant connect to any server :/

Hello, my problem is that, I've never had a problem like this with ventrilo..

I have cleaned up my computer (I do it some often) and I installed ventrilo but when I try to connect to a server (sanjose.ventriloserver.biz/3791) doesnt let me and keeps on "contacting server"
(never had problems before with cleaning and installing ventrilo)

-I dont have an AV
-Windows firewall its dissabled (and in the exceptions tab its ok)
-I did the telnet and its connected (cmd windows cleared)
- did the Ventrilo2.INI thing and erased all too
-even in safe mode connects to the server

Windows XP pro 2003
128MBRAM
pentium 4 1.80GHz 1.79GHz

i dont know what else do :/
can anyone help me?
mapashhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

Does your system have the Bigfoot Killer Network Card installed?

Try powering off the modem-router-pc (in that order) for at least 60 seconds each (this will clear all cached data)

Try re-installing or updating the router firmware. Check the manufacturers website for your make/model

In Windows Network Properties, disable all un-used network card ports (some cards include both wired and wireless ports)
Windows Control-Panel / network and sharing / manage network connection / right-click on the device(s) that aren't used and select 'disable'

In Windows Network Properties, try disabling QoS:
Windows Control-Panel / network and sharing / view status (link on right side) / properties / uncheck "QoS Packet Scheduler"
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
mapashhe

I did the powercycle thing too

I tried to follow your instructions but I think those are for windows VISTA
(my windows is in spanish and I couldnt find those)

thank you for the help
Old 07-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
CrazySouthernBoy

It Could also Be your Firewall/Anti-Virus. I know my Firewall was blocking me from getting on My Ventrilo Server. & a one more thing That Ventrilo Server you have up there Is Down. I would advise you To check That host name & port to See if you have the right Info for That Server

Last edited by CrazySouthernBoy; 07-09-2010 at 10:47 PM.
CrazySouthernBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
leoheart_68

Unhappy Cannot connect to any server Need help please

Last night vent worked fine. No issues other than some high pings. I attempt to come on today and nada. I rechecked all the firewalls, added the 3784 standard port along with the port we log into. I shut down my comp and rebooted the router/modem 3x. I uninstalled ventrilo than reinstalled vent for it to have saved my original info (i thought that was cool) and again NADA! I went to every other server I know (9 of those) and it was the same .

Ok so Since I have no been using the same ventrilo server on the same computer for over a year without any difficulty why NOW am I unable to connect. Sad alone and confused .

Email is beornereed@yahoo.com if anyone can offer help. I'll recheck this form later as well. TY!

Last edited by leoheart_68; 07-09-2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: added details
leoheart_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:38 AM   #6
bmk g

same issue i have
bmk g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:41 AM   #7
Perm2069

having some problems connecting to my vent server that i normally use also

unable to connect to vent server
v68.darkstarllc.com : 2****
all other internet traffic not affected and working normally.

ISP is Charter

firewall/NAT - hardware firewall/NAT have been bypassed // workstation now connects directly to cable modem.

router - not in use // has been bypassed for troubleshooting purposes.

software firewall - third party software not installed // windows firewall and ICS service disabled.

telnet to vent server with port == fail

ping to vent server == success

trace route to vent server == intermittent failures/inconsistent data - trace information changes each time. during one trace some hops will be online and during other traces the same hops will be offline.

possible local modem failure suspected - attempted connection to vent server using Charter as ISP from different locations -
charter @home service // result == fail (my friend that uses charter internet that lives across town) - dynamic IP
charter business connection // result == fail (work internet connection) - static IP

vent server is online and known to be in operating condition

other users on other ISPs are able to connect

vent's server status utility shows server to be online with clients connected - http://www.ventrilo.com/status.php?h...com&port=2****

able to connect to vent server utilizing Verizon as ISP via cellular phone tether

able to connect to vent server utilizing Clearwire as ISP by bypassing intranet hardware and while utilizing intranet hardware

conclusion - ISP has a problem

ISP informs me that there is no problem and that the internet is working fine

continued inability to connect to aforementioned vent server with charter as ISP

workstation (hardware and software) and intranet hardware must be operating correctly as i am able to connect utilizing different ISP's.

what can I do?

also, other vent servers that I have used in the past will connect just fine with charter - I'm only having a problem with this one.

to my knowledge this vent server I'm trying to connect to is in Dallas, TX

I also tried connecting to some free demo servers from Darkstar LLC - all of them work fine, except for the one they say is in Dallas, TX.
Perm2069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:56 AM   #8
mapashhe

hey everybody **** off
open your own threads

im still havin da same problem, I cleaned up again my computer with a Win XP pro SP3 cd and when I tried again to connect.. its the same thing

and as I said no firewall, no av
maybe some dlls are missing, maybe an update? configuration is not cause I can connect to any other applications but with vent :/
Old 07-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #9
CrazySouthernBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapashhe View Post
hey everybody **** off
open your own threads

im still havin da same problem, I cleaned up again my computer with a Win XP pro SP3 cd and when I tried again to connect.. its the same thing

and as I said no firewall, no av
maybe some dlls are missing, maybe an update? configuration is not cause I can connect to any other applications but with vent :/
Ive try that Ventrilo That server is down. A nuther Thing I guess you could try is to Port Forward It on a TCP & see if that works
CrazySouthernBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
mapashhe

how can I do that?

the server is online, my friends can connect and also I can connect in other computer but in that one