Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Server

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
crusix
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Default server problem cant connect.

Hello... I am having issues with my guild vent others are able to connect but i cannot.... the weird thing is i haven't messed with any of the settings... before this started... i cannot connect 95% percent of the time the other 5 percent i can connect and stay connected for 15% seconds before getting kicked off again... other players are on the vent so i know its up and running.. I get the same message over and over and over

"Unable to connect to the specified server. Contact the server admin and verify that the server is online. You should also verify the hostname and port number with the server admin to assure that you are trying to connect to the correct server."

I've tried everything i can think off.. windows restore... deleating ventrilo and its registry and installing it again... using different names to log in as... ive spoken tot he admin and he says im not banned.

How do i fix this?
crusix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Local Space/Time Continuum
Posts: 22,903
Default

start with this:

Starting From Scratch

Write down your Username and Server information
exit vent
goto START/RUN and enter: %appdata%\ventrilo

right-click on ventrilo2.ini and select “Rename”
give the file a different name

or
delete the Ventrilo folder
restart vent

re-enter your username and server information


then check these:

Does your system have the Bigfoot Killer Network Card installed?

Try powering off the modem-router-pc (in that order) for at least 60 seconds each (this will clear all cached data)

Try re-installing or updating the router firmware. Check the manufacturers website for your make/model

In Windows Network Properties, disable all un-used network card ports (some cards include both wired and wireless ports)
Windows Control-Panel / network and sharing / manage network connection / right-click on the device(s) that aren't used and select 'disable'

In Windows Network Properties, try disabling QoS:
Windows Control-Panel / network and sharing / view status (link on right side) / properties / uncheck "QoS Packet Scheduler"

Temporarily disable all firewall/virus applications to test

Perform a traceroute to the server when it happens and post the results:

start > run

cmd {hit enter}
tracert serverhostname(found in server setup)


(example: tracert frost.pure-voice.net )
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
crusix
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Thank you I'm up and running again. I believe it was a latency issue with the server everything is fine =) thank you very much your stuff worked =D
crusix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.