Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 05-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
edrick

Default Vent Stuck on "not responding"

I am using Windows 7 I have ALL updates instaled and I just downloaded the 64 bit version of Vent I am some what experience with using vent with XP. The program DID work for a week once I placed the vent program to run as an admin. Now however its giving me the same issues.

I boot up the vent program and everything seems fine I log in to where I want to go and I do NOT get the normal logging in sound you get and it just stays their and acts like it stuck. On Task manager it just said Not responding mode and its been 20 min.

In order to stop the vent program I have to do the "end task" option in the task manager window and even then I have to end up hitting the red X just to close it up.

This was the problem I was having till I placed the program to run as an admin but now its back and I dont know what todo. Someone told me that this program does NOT run on windows 7 (dell tech support) but if that is the case why did it work for a week with no problems. I am not a smart guy when it comes to PC and Stuff so any help would be great.
edrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

don't know why Dell is reporting that as I run on win7 all the time.

in vent setup/voice-binds-speech tabs, set the output/input devices to enable 'use directsound' then set the names to that of the audio device you're using.

Audio Driver

Check the Audio driver to make sure it is up to date. Or try re-installing the current driver.
(note: some USB Headsets do not require a driver)
(Don’t assume the driver is up to date as a newer one may have been released since the computer was built)

- If you have a brand-name PC, like Dell or HP, then check the manufacturers website for driver updates.
- If you built the PC and use the on-board sound device then check the motherboard manufacturers website for drivers for your model motherboard.
- If you use a plug-in soundcard, like SoundBlaster, then check that manufacturers website for drivers.

Also check for BIOS and chipset updates
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote