Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 02-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
kurdit

Default Windows 7 Push to talk not working

Working fine yesterday. Changed nothing go use vent today and push to talk doesnt work (mic stays unlit) tried 64 and 32 bit vent still nothing. Using windows 7 and a Creative fatality usb headset. computer reads the mic the mic works fine in every other application cept ventrillo where I can hear people but the mic wont work to xmit thru vent at all.
kurdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

try setting both Vent and any online game to ‘Run As Administrator’ (rt-click their icons)
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
jfpro

This just started to happen to me yesterday, can hear fine with any mic or speaker etc.....

But when I bind my push to talk button the mic icon doesn't turn to green anymore. Been using Windows 7 for since day 1, I did just to a fresh reinstall a few days ago and it worked mine. Logged on today and no go. Even running in admin mode no go.

Fixed:
Some how Windows 7 toggled off my:
"Enable outgoing voice communications" button
jfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
Gethelwain

I'm having the same problem. My Vent was working fine, but then I took my computer in to get something unrelated fixed, and when I hooked everything back up, I can hear fine but not talk. Usually when this happened on my other machine, I could see the little icon next to my name lighting up green but people couldn't hear me. This time, it doesn't even light up. I just hear a 'bong' noise when I hit the PTT key. This happens regardless of whether Vent or WoW (the game I'm trying to get it to work with) is the main window.

I've checked all the settings--the mic is plugged in, not muted, turned on and enabled. I reinstalled Vent last night. I haven't tried the 'Run as Administrator' suggestion yet (I'm at work and the machine is at home) but if this doesn't work, is there anything else it could be? I'm pretty sure I'm running WoW as administrator--not sure about Vent. It's whatever the default is when it's installed. I don't think the people who fixed my computer changed it.

I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit. Mic is part of a Senneheiser PC 350 headset, and seems to work fine (I checked the Sound settings and the levels move when I talk into it).

One odd thing I've always wondered about (though it doesn't seem to be a problem)--Vent lets me select from multiple mics, even though I only have one plugged in. Not sure why, but it's been like that for a long time and never stopped me from talking.
Gethelwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

@gethelwain

on vent main window at bottom, is 'mute mic' box checked
Old 02-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
Gethelwain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog-Rocker View Post
@gethelwain

on vent main window at bottom, is 'mute mic' box checked
If I had a cookie, I would give it to you. That was the problem. I didn't even think to look at the main page--was too busy poking around the setup page. Thanks!
Gethelwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
kurdit

ran both game and vent as admin still no talkie talkie. no my mute mic button was not checked. Cleaned any traces of vent off my comp cleaned my registry,any vent settings and it seems to be working ,no clue what was causing it but seems to be working fine now.

Last edited by kurdit; 02-20-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: clarification.
kurdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #8
mundane1

I'm having a similar issue although what's happening to me is:

1) Start Ventrilo, can talk everything is fine.
2) Start Battlefield Bad Company 2
3) Play for anywhere between 5-30 minutes
4) Push to talk Key stops working. (even when ventrilo has focus) It's as if I'm muted but there's no check box in the mute option.

The only way for me to fix it is to shut down BFBC2 and Ventrilo and start them both up again.

I'm using windows 7, a USB headset and mic and I've been playing around like crazy with settings and haven't been able to nail down what's causing this.
mundane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
Lialu

Default Getting insane! tip please.

I have a problem that's annoying me pretty much.

Ventrilo works without playing wow. But directly when i start wow. The ventrilo takes off on vacation.

U can press the "Push to talk" Once but no sound is comming out. Thats not all everything stops working! U cant hear and u cant talk. Even though everything works just fine with Skype and TS but not in Ventrilo!

Is windows 7 really that crappy, that u cant have a simple program such as Ventrilo and WOW on the same time?

Tryed to start both in the "Use as Admin" but still as soon as i start wow it stops working. Everything dies!

Tryed to reinstall it, but it didn't work. I'm kinda lost here! Feeling like an disoriented kid thats lost his candy.

Advice anyone?
Lialu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

@lialu

try this:

in vent setup/voice-binds-speech tabs, set the output/input to enable 'use directsound' then set the name to the audio device you're using