Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 02-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
misc1818

Default same volume

i was looking through forums here trying to find out instructions on how to make everyone the same volume. right now i have been going into each user one at a time and adjusting each volume. just wondering if there is an easier way to just make everyone the same...from the mic eaters to the whisperers. please let me know or redirect me to the proper thread. thanks.
misc1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

Normalizing Volume per Server

- Right-click on ServerName
- Select Miscellaneous / Special Effects
- Select Compressor and click Add
- Under Compressor Properties use the following settings
- Gain = Adjust for how loud you want people to be (see below)
- Attack = 0.01
- Release = Around 500
- Threshold = Around -30
- Ratio = 100
- Pre delay = 4.0

Or these settings: http://ventrilo.com/forums/showpost....15&postcount=4

What the settings do:

Gain
How much volume you feed into the compressor. Not really relevant unless everyone is too quiet, then you can turn this up a little; turning it up too much will sound EXTREMELY BAD.

Attack
How fast volume change will happen. example: setting this to 500 means that any-
thing coming in will only be dropped in volume after a half a second. for vent this should
be set as low as possible.

Release
how fast the compressor stops changing things. not really that relevant with vent, setting it around 500 is good for voice material.

Threshold
This sets the point where we actually start changing whats coming in. Whereas 0 is the absolute loudest you can have for an input, -60 is super quiet. Average users will probably come in somewhere around -25 to -15, with the occaisional few being really quiet, which is why I have this set so low.

Ratio
How much any sound below the set threshold gets compressed and/or modified in the volume department.
If you still want to hear SOME volume variation then set this lower (2-4)... the higher you set it the closer in volume everyone will be.

Pre delay
Mostly just deals with processing; with computer and digital processors they can look ahead a few milliseconds to see what needs to be dropped in volume or changed before it actually comes through the speakers. Highest is ideal.
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote