Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 06-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
smilz

Default When I talk it blows ppls ears

Long story short I play css when I talk in game it works great then I go try to talk in vent for a cal match and ppl say STOP STOP cause I'm about to blow there ears they hear static or something wierd like interfearance what is wrong? I use a steelseris 5h v2 headset with a sound blaster audigy se sound card
smilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

in vent setup, set outbound amplifier=0

set input device=SB audigy (use directsound)

if hardware mixer is used then use the 'line volume' slider to adjust output. if not used then goto the SB c-panel and adjust the microphone output.
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:18 AM   #3
smilz

this did not work
smilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:59 AM   #4
Shiran

I have to agree. It just started happening today (June 4), but all of a sudden my friends are saying that there is a very high pitched sound that's making their ears hurt and giving them headaches. It is definitely NOT static.

I am playing WoW on Vista.
I'm not sure if this is the sound card, but I have conexant Hi-def SmartAudio HD2.
And using vent as per normal. I didn't do anything special to it.

I don't really understand, because I've been using it for about a month I guess, and it only became a problem today. Also, I tried the things you told smilz, and they didn't work. If there's anything else you need to know, I'll be glad to answer them....
Shiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
ladyflamehaze

I am having a similar issue, but only on one vent server. On one I can talk and have no problems on the other I can talk for a bit then it goes to really loud static, I have to relog to stop it but it happenes again and again. I noticed that one version is the 3.0.1, and the one I have problems on is 3.0.0. also the codec is set much higher on the 3.0.0 vent I have tried to reset my Codec but it keeps going back to the highest seting. what can I do to fix this it is geting really aggravating I can't really talk on the other vent becasue of it.
ladyflamehaze is offline   Reply With Quote