Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Old 04-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
ez0rt

Default Can't hear specific ppl, for a while then..

Hey! I run windows 7 32bit! And when i talk with ppl on Vt, all of a sudden i can't hear specific ppl! And after a while i get everything they had said the last 10min at the same time. Its so anoying espacially when we are gaming!
Please help me out!
(never had this prob on xp! Yes, i've tried to run it as Windows Xp Sp3!
ez0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
hodgeac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez0rt View Post
Hey! I run windows 7 32bit! And when i talk with ppl on Vt, all of a sudden i can't hear specific ppl! And after a while i get everything they had said the last 10min at the same time. Its so anoying espacially when we are gaming!
Please help me out!
(never had this prob on xp! Yes, i've tried to run it as Windows Xp Sp3!
Same issue here. Windows 7 32bit as well. Different for me a bit though. One of us has to disconnect and reconnect from vent for me to be able to hear him. And when reconnected, it then plays back everything he said that I wasn't able to hear over the last how ever long it's been broken. Quite a pain. It plays it all back at once then we can talk again for a while before it breaks again. No particular set amount of time between failures. My soundcard is a Razer AC-1. I've got an Intel Q6600 and an Abit IP35e mobo.-Alex
hodgeac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
Prog-Rocker
just tryin to help

in vent setup/voice-binds-speech tabs, set the output device to the name of the audio device you're using. also set 'use directsound'
Prog-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
hodgeac

Drivers are up to date, direct sound doesn't seem to work with my particular sound card in Vent. Not sure what's up with that. Problem happens on two different computers I have with different sound cards. One uses a USB headset in fact. Both computers experience this issue intermittently. This may be due to not being able to use direct sound. But if that is the case, then the issue may be that direct sound support in Windows 7 (one of the PCs is 32bit the other 64 bit) doesn't work.
-Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prog-Rocker View Post
in vent setup/voice-binds-speech tabs, set the output device to the name of the audio device you're using. also set 'use directsound'
hodgeac is offline   Reply With Quote