Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 11-28-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
Macs...word

Default Mac Problems, Please help!

Ok so the new ventrilo has been great, and i had no complaints...until yesterday. Just yesterday, my vent "push-to-talk" stopped working, and i can no longer speak. I can hear everybody perfectly, but i can't talk for some reason. I am using a laptop with the built in mic. When i hit my push-to-talk button, my little thing does not even turn green. I followed the thing where i go to universal access, an click enable access for assistive devices, but that did nothing. Please help. Thank you in advance.
Macs...word is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
mjgraf

ensure that mute mic is not checked at the bottom of ventrilo
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:30 AM   #3
Fazooly

I'll assume you're using 3.0.0 version for Mac. That's what I'm using. While logged into your Ventrilo, go to the little gear wheels tab to bring up your settings.

Open that up and double click on the PTT field. Then push the button you want to use as your PTT button. Save the settings and you should be good to go.
Fazooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
justjj

I am having this same issue. I installed the new version, used it- was working great. Then last night- I am unable to use the same mic/headset that I sued before. I checked, and it works fine (for instance with in fame chat for WoW- no issues) but when I try and use vent- the sound will not play through the headphones, and the push to talk will not work. I checked all the settings- re set the ptt button, but it would not work. I ended up temp having the sound come out through my speakers, and was unable to use my mic- it is likely something easy I am overlooking, but I didn't see anything obvious last night..
justjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #5
justjj

just an update- I reisntalled v3.0 and once again- I am able to use a headset, and use the PTT features.....so for now- I will just keep reinstalling when it starts to not work again...
justjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #6
Moonwick

Just for the record I am also having this same problem with my PTT keybinding. I will go ahead and reinstall the client to see if that helps, but I wanted to post a message to help establish whether or not this is a widespread bug.

I'm running 3.0 on 10.5.1 here.
Moonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:13 PM   #7
TheBang

Click on the Setup button, and try manually selecting your "Sound Input" device and then click OK. See if that restores your PTT functionality.
TheBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
Moonwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Click on the Setup button, and try manually selecting your "Sound Input" device and then click OK. See if that restores your PTT functionality.
Cool; so far this works. Thanks for the tip!
Moonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:48 AM   #9
zabka

I have the same problem. It appeared today and I think it is related to the last security patch.

It made Ventrillo PTT button stop to work on my admin account (works on users' accounts). Another keyboard-related application, the ControllerMate that I use to configure Belkin Nostromo N52, stopped working properly as well (and again, only on the admin account).

I need to do some further testing (For example my accounts have different main languages selected), but I wonder if there isn't a new problem caused by either the security update or the recent keyboard firmware update for Macbooks (which I have installed on the Macbook which is displaying the problem).
zabka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:23 PM   #10
AgeOfRuin

Hadn't powered up my Mac-Book for a few days only to come back and find my vent not working. Been reading throughout the threads and nothing seems to be of assistance. Similar questions relating to the, "Failed to get encoder for specified codex", error message that pops up when logging in none of any use. Can't hear nor be heard... while talk button is pressed the icon doesn't turn GREEN!! Someone please provide some relief! THX!
AgeOfRuin is offline   Reply With Quote