Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 11-18-2007, 06:36 AM   #1
sierran

Default How does a reg. Vent user change their own password under 3.0.0?

Now that Vent has user access control, here's something that's got me scratching my head. How does a non-admin user change their own password? I created several users on my server and set their passwords to our (old) vent server password, so that they could login without my having to contact each user individually with a password. But once logged in, we couldn't figure out any way to change user passwords without Admin access to the User Editor. I'm using the Mac client. Am I just being thick? Please tell me so and how to do it - or tell me it's impossible so I can stop looking! Thanks. :-)
sierran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #2
mjgraf

the user needs Add User priviledges and the owner of that client/user if they do not have Server Admin rights.
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:05 AM   #3
Styffler

So there is no way to allow them to change this without being able to create as many extra accounts as they want?

Also it gets kind of messy when everyone on a server has Add account rights as well as trying to pick out owners in the drop down menu for new users.

Anyway in upcoming versions to either have a change password function, or add in something like a edit account feature, and make it default that users are owners of their own account? It makes it very inefficient to have to manual edit all users passwords.
Styffler is offline   Reply With Quote