Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
zdignity

Default Push to talk in game problem

I can use my push to talk when im on my desktop but when i open a game in full screen and i use my push to talk in the game peoples can,t hear me.. Help !! :P
Old 01-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
zdignity

Nvm my problem has been resolved .. it was the User control on my windows vista... i desactivated and it works nice have fun!
Old 01-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
Crowbar

Default Wait what?

This is exactly the problem I have had for months. Could you please give me a step by step on how to fix it? Please! Thank you.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
SilkenKidden

Recently EQ put in an option to have game ignore the "windows" key. It was supposed to be for XP only but it caused my Win 2K system to have problems. Push to talk would work only once when I entered the game. After that it went dead. Disabling the "ignore windows key" in the game helped that.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:06 AM   #5
truett

Default Finally Solved

Finally!

This issue was resolved for us.

We use Z-board gaming keyboards at home, and had the exact same problem.

The keyboard changes the mapping of the keys when you're ingame, you can see the "power light" on the keyboard turn on when you switch.

We would switch over to Vent, re-map, test, it would work, we'd get back in game, try it, and nothing. GRR!!!

I didn't have the problem with every key mapping.

But here's an example - the "Q Save" button, which is mapped to "F5" outside the game, changes to become "U" in game, pulling up the reputations page. Another example - if you've mapped to "Caps" outside the game, the mapping stays the same in game, and Vent works normally.

So if you want to use the above examples, here's what you do:

Check your ZBoard configuration to see what the key you're TRYING to use actually is WHEN YOU'RE PLAYING. Then set your Vent Hotkey to that, instead...

I hope this helps a lot of users, I know the problem was frustrating in the extreme to us...

Bye!

truett

Last edited by truett; 01-28-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Closed Thread