Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 10-13-2006, 09:36 PM   #11
Ybeel

Unhappy

Since I installed the new client (Prototype 15), I have been having the same problem. I can hear everyone else just fine, but they can't hear me. I am running Mac OS X 10.4.8. Everything used to work great with the previous client. Please, people at ventrilo, make Prototype 14 available for those of us who are having this problem!
Ybeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:04 PM   #12
mjgraf

please recheck you configuration and ensure that mute mic is not checked and that enable outgoing comm is checked.
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #13
wadesworld

Additionally, ensure that your mic input gain is turned up in both Ventrio and the Sound Preference Pane.
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:59 AM   #14
SteveJobs

Everything is in order it simply seems that when I use the Push to talk key, it doesn't make the push to talk "sound" and no one can hear me, the light doesn't come on saying that I'm speaking.

All the mutes are unchecked, everything looks fine but I'm not transmitting (even the light on my iSight is on) when I reboot my machine it works fine again.
SteveJobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #15
AOD_DuByA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJobs
Everything is in order it simply seems that when I use the Push to talk key, it doesn't make the push to talk "sound" and no one can hear me, the light doesn't come on saying that I'm speaking.

All the mutes are unchecked, everything looks fine but I'm not transmitting (even the light on my iSight is on) when I reboot my machine it works fine again.
I am having the same exact problem...someone please help!!
AOD_DuByA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:35 PM   #16
lecagot

Same here, friend. I use Vent with World of Warcraft and I can hear others perfectly, but am unable to transmit. I've played with both MAC Voice settings and Ventrilo setting to no avail. Anyone have any solutions or have a template for the proper settings. Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!
lecagot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:40 PM   #17
lecagot

How do you configure push to talk
???????????
lecagot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:05 AM   #18
jorrad

I'm using this program for WoW myself and had the same problem. I'm running with a USB headset. I could hear but could'nt get them to hear me. As it turns out you have to set the Line input slider all the way to max to get my mic to even start picking up my voice 1" from my mouth. Somthings not right there to say the least.
But as to how you configure push to talk, I don't know. I can't get it to work on my set up ether. I'm only lucky I figured it out with my head set mic.
for some news you might want to check out my post about the help button. Good luck
jorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 AM   #19
wadesworld

Quote:
I'm running with a USB headset. I could hear but could'nt get them to hear me. As it turns out you have to set the Line input slider all the way to max to get my mic to even start picking up my voice 1" from my mouth. Somthings not right there to say the least.
That is definitely not correct. Is the input gain slider in the system Sound Preference pane set correctly? Does it show correct responsiveness to sound input there?

Is the input device set correct in Ventrilo?
Old 10-25-2006, 12:18 AM   #20
wadesworld

Quote:
But as to how you configure push to talk, I don't know.
It's not hard guys - you click on the "Use Push to talk hotkey" in setup, then click in the Hotkey box and press a key.

To ensure it works when in the background, see issue #4 here:

http://www.ventrilo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9534