Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 05-21-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
doroteasenjk

Default No longer able to talk in Vent

I started playing with Vent with (test release) 9. I was able to chat with other teammates on our Vent server (WoW guild).

With the release of 11, I could no longer talk. The Monitor button showed that Ventrilo client was able to receive signal from my mike, but there was no voice getting through to the server. The problem did not resolve with the upgrade to 14.

I also completely removed and reinstalled version 11, and there was no change in the inability to speak.

I use an iMic USB connector. The microphone has a switch on it, and I use it instead of push-to-talk button on keyboard. I am able to record my voice using recording software, and, as I said, Vent can see electrical activity.

1) What is the proper way to completely de-install Ventrilo from my computer. I simply looked for all files & folders with 'vent' in the name and did appropriate things.

2) How else might I test the sound path from lips to other ears?

3) Is this possibly related to Vent losing connectivity information occasionally? Sometimes, it will reset sound input and output to "Default" instead of to iMic USB, and sometimes it won't.

Last edited by doroteasenjk; 05-21-2006 at 11:14 PM.
doroteasenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:07 AM   #2
Flagship
Administrator

Main window
Mute Mic -> Is checked.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:20 PM   #3
doroteasenjk

I wish it were that simple.

There is no mute button checked on the main window.

I can certainly try to toggle the button and see if that changes things, in which case the nature of the bug is different.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:07 AM   #4
wadesworld

Proper input device selected in sound pref pane and/or Ventrilo? Input volume slider set appropriately in both places?
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #5
doroteasenjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld
Proper input device selected in sound pref pane and/or Ventrilo? Input volume slider set appropriately in both places?
Yes. I have changed the input device from "Default" to "iMic microphone" (spelling) and back again. The Sound Preference Pane is set to iMic for both input and output. The input volume slider is at 1/3, as in previous releases of Vent I had to reduce the sound volume.

The thing I don't understand is that it used to work. My microphone still works electrically, and Ventrilo is able to register voltage changes when I "Test" it, and I'm able to record my voice into the computer from the mic in another program.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
doroteasenjk

When I say "Test', I mean "Monitor". I have no clue what "Test" does.

And, I just tested changing the Mute Microphone/Binds checkbox and nothing changes. Still no voice outgoing.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:27 PM   #7
Rocku

i am having the exact same problame. every thing is sweet and conected right, i can hear, im not muted, all bindings are adjusted correctly. god damb it maverick!
Rocku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:36 PM   #8
doroteasenjk

More news. I just got the microphone to transmit by setting up Push-to-talk key.

Several pieces of goofiness. One is that I can't be in another application and have it work. I have assistive devices checked in Universal Access.

The second is that it doesn't recognize the key for F14 or F15. F16 can be used as push-to-talk but the other 2 cannot.

The third is that it doesn't know what the key is. It shows up as UNK:T1,C106 instead of F16.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:45 AM   #9
wadesworld

Does your icon light up green when you press the push-to-talk key?
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:27 AM   #10
Rocku

yes
Rocku is offline   Reply With Quote