Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 02-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #11
thomasj

I run Vent through VPC on my iBook at the moment. You can listen, but not speak (this is due to VPC, not Vent).

All the vent servers I connect to are GSM (and won't change) so VPC is still my only option.
thomasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:32 PM   #12
saverrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSFTD
Does codec matter if it's technically running on Windows XP?

The only issue I'd forsee would be that my mic is running on mac software, so the windows environment within my mac wouldn't register me pressing the push to talk button. Maybe voice activation would fix that?

I would imagine that if vent and GSM work on Windows, then it'd connect and I'd be able to hear people just fine. Just a few mic hardware issues.

Flagship? If this isn't the case, tell me. I can tell you now that the group I'm running with IS working on getting it changed to speex, but they need me to take steps now to get into the channel. If this works, even vaguely crappily like that, I'd like any sort of definite answer.

If you're doubtful, I'd like to know that too.

I have installed VPC 6 (Powerbook G4 1.33ghz) and VPC 7 (Dual G5) with both running XP. I added a cheap USB Sound device and WALLA! The teamspeak worked perfect, so I decided to try Ventrilo. No Dice! voice would lock up the program and I would have to quit and restart ventrilo to get it connected again. kind of pointless.

My advice is wait for a final version for OS X that will work.

Well there is your difinitive answer.
NO you can not use Ventrilo on VPC, but you can use Teamspeak.

Last edited by saverrio; 02-22-2006 at 04:52 PM.
saverrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:59 AM   #13
Cochice

Quote:
Originally Posted by saverrio
I have installed VPC 6 (Powerbook G4 1.33ghz) and VPC 7 (Dual G5) with both running XP. I added a cheap USB Sound device and WALLA! The teamspeak worked perfect, so I decided to try Ventrilo. No Dice! voice would lock up the program and I would have to quit and restart ventrilo to get it connected again. kind of pointless.

My advice is wait for a final version for OS X that will work.

Well there is your difinitive answer.
NO you can not use Ventrilo on VPC, but you can use Teamspeak.
Actually this is wrong. I'm currently running Vent on VPC 6 running XP. I'm on a G4 Duel 1.25 GHz machine. No, it won't recognize a mic, and when I try to use one it kills the sound on the app, and I have to restart VPC all together. But I CAN hear a GSM vent through VPC 6. Granted the sound quality is really bad, but I would assume that's VPC's fault. And since this isn't how the app is supposed to be run, I wasn't expecting much. But it works.

This is helpful if I'm hopping on another guild's vent for an event or w/e.
Cochice is offline   Reply With Quote