Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 02-15-2006, 04:59 PM   #1
Nagumo

Default Microphone stops working

If I am playing a game while on Vent (games are WoW and Warcraft III) my mic tends to stop working after a few minutes. After that, when I talk, people only hear silence, or a highly annoying skipping sound. Rebooting fixes it, but that's rarely an option if I'm in the middle of something important.

One time, Command-M (changing fullscreen to window mode) did fix my mic, but I haven't been able to reproduce that effect since.

I have a USB headset, it is a Sony UAB-260 headset. I have a feeling that the USB headset is a problem, but as far as I know my computer doesn't have a microphone plug in built in (Power Mac G5, older one). Is there any USB headsets that are guaranteed to work? Or am I going to have to try to get a new sound card?
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
wadesworld

You wouldn't need to get a sound card - just a Griffin iMic and a standard analog headset. I use one every day and it works great.

Wade
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
Nagumo

I think the problem for me is going to be that I like having only Ventrilo come through my headset, and all other sounds coming through my speaker system.
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:41 PM   #4
wadesworld

That works fine (although in the current preview it does seem to lose the setting, so you have to reset it).

Wade
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote