Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 11:38 PM   #1
Gizzmos13

Default Well at least let us use something

I realize that the gsm and speex codec thing is a problem and that many of us still can't use vent properly becuase of this, i being one, i just believe you could allow us to host our own servers with more then a a max of 8 people. This release is almost a waiste because 95% or more of the users can't use it. A simple temporary max limit of say 40 ppl will at least allow us to host the server so we can use the program as intended. I only suggest this because i know how long it took to get a mac release, and i don't feel like waiting to get another release in 6 months to finally allow us to use the gsm codecs. Otherwise, i am glad to see you are at least developing for the mac, great job there.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:51 AM   #2
titansniper

uhhh there is something called Ventrilo Hosting... did you know you can get 30 slots for 12 bucks high quality in most places..

can anyone say cheap????? come on man lol support good software! atta boy
Old 12-08-2005, 02:02 AM   #3
wadesworld

Quote:
This release is almost a waiste because 95% or more of the users can't use it.
It literally takes 5 minutes to change the server. Our guild has been running on Speex for quite some time now, and it rocks.

Wade
Old 12-08-2005, 02:41 AM   #4
Gizzmos13

the hosting company that my guild uses refuses to change our codex for us, no matter how we pleed. They claim that we are paying for the high quality server, and changing to a speex codec version is a waste.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:16 AM   #5
wadesworld

Quote:
the hosting company that my guild uses refuses to change our codex for us, no matter how we pleed. They claim that we are paying for the high quality server, and changing to a speex codec version is a waste.
You should inform them:

A) They know nothing about Codecs if they think that some of the Speex options don't qualify as high-quality.
B) You are the customer - if they refuse to change the codec to the setting you desire, I'd change hosting companies so fast, it'd make their head spin.

Wade
Old 12-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #6
splitusa

Check this out!

get your facts right becasue i can tell u as a fact that there isnt 95% of mac vent ppl that cant use/talk in ventrilo.

second of all. dont blame flagship for ur problems with ur 8 man server...that has to do with how/who u buy it.

i brought my own server (15 man.....$25 for 4 mounths) and it works perfectly fine. (speexs of course)

one more thing....just wait for the next realese, who cares it u have to wait...all great things must be waited for.

-Josh
Old 12-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #7
wadesworld

Quote:
My guild's hosting company said the same thing. Its GSM or nothing. Someone else in my guild pays for the server, so don't tell me to switch hosting companies. They're not going to switch hosting companies for one Mac user.
Well, I think it's ridiculous that your guild user would allow his hosting company to provide such poor customer service and keep sending them money. But, to each their own.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:55 AM   #8
Flagship
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzmos13
Who is this hosting company?

If you don't know then just give me the IP/Port number or the Hostname/Port.

--Flag
Old 12-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #9
gramathy

Looks like someone's about to get a virtual beatdown.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:43 PM   #10
PopeZaphod

We're wondering why people would pay hosting companies that refuse to change to the Speex codec, yet these are the same people who have been using Windows for years, putting up with viruses, security holes, and adware.

I'm just sayin'.
Closed Thread