Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 09-14-2008, 01:42 AM   #1
WizardGr21

Default Help!!!

I have been trying for 3 days to get vent updated for my mac. I have a 10.3.9 mac and I have downloaded the new 3.0.1 vent it will download the zip fine but when it goes to the dmg file it doesn't install it. wtf is wrong?
WizardGr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
wadesworld

Some useful information would help.

What happens? What does the installer log say?
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:37 AM   #3
WizardGr21

Default more info

Here's what i have tried.

First off it looks like a regular blank page yet names a .pkg. most all other .pkg's i have seen have the stuffit box on the icon so you know it can be installed. 2nd when I click on it to open it it opens like it's to install and then runs into the error code

An error occurred attempting to expand 'VentriloClient.pkg'. A Folder specified when a file was required.
Error #17530.

^This is what it says word for word.

So it makes me think that it doesn't have a certain file in order to install it. When I had Divx installed it would try to install it with Divx. So I un-installed Divx thinking it would find a different way to installed yet ended up to use Stuffit. Doesn't work it gives me the error above.

I thought that I could install the server to see my luck there. Though I don't have the mac to hold the servers I wanted to see how it would install. I get the zip stuffit and it opens the installer fine. I dl it and its all good. I don't know if there is a file that gets lost when i unzip the Client or if i need to download something to get the installer open.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #4
WizardGr21

Default Lost Cause?

Think anyone can help me with this?
Old 09-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
wadesworld

Sounds to me like the download either corrupt or there's something wrong with your Installer.app, the former being the most likely.

Try not using Stuffit Expander to unpack it. Right-click on it and use "Open with..." Archive Utility.

Do other .pkg's install successfully?
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote