Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:11 PM   #21
CyberKiL

Why hasn't Flagship responded yet it's been over a month since this thread started?
Old 02-25-2006, 11:20 PM   #22
Flagship
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKiL
Why hasn't Flagship responded yet it's been over a month since this thread started?
Because Flagship has been battling a bad case of the flu for the past 3 weeks. Is that OK with you?
Old 02-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #23
CyberKiL

Sorry,I was just curious. It's not like I could have anticipated you had a severe flu case.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #24
Adsen

MOBO: DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb
RAM: 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair XMS3200
CPU: AMD Athlon 3400+ (64bit CPU)
SOUND: X-FI Elite Pro
GFX: ATI Radion X800 Pro

I am running latest Ventrilo off the site 2.3.0

My prob.

I run a small server which a few of my friends talk on for a game we play.
at most i have 5 ppl in there.
the prob i have is with my client,
when i am in the channel sometimes for just a min other times it will go for hours, but the ppl start to hear a strainge noise, sorta like feedback but sorta distorted and it gets louder and louder, if i reboot vent it goes away and works fine again.
the game i am playing is Conquer Online which uses hardly any CPU or memory (currently have 2 game clients open, playing a AVI Vid, IE, XFire, AVG and vent server and client and CPU is peaking at 15% and there is 603Mg Commit Charge)
Old 03-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #25
funkybeatyo

Mother board: 3.4gHz
Memory: 2 x 1024 Kingston
Video card: NX7800GTX
Sound card: X-Fi Xtreme Music
Operating System: XP pro SP2

I'm using the latest version, 2.3.0. When I open Vent, in or out of a game or program, it lags. Then when I open setup, connected or disconnected, it freezes my computer for 5-15 seconds before opening. Then irrespective of the options I select, it freezes again for 5-15 seconds when I try to test it, and then I get the same error as everyone else. It tells me to enable DirectSound input, but it's already enabled. I can't talk or anything like that at all. I've updated my sound drivers etc, but no dice.

Any and all info is appreciated.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:16 AM   #26
Unknown-entity

MOBO: Gigabyte ~ ?
RAM: 2GB
CPU: Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
SOUND: X-FI Elite Pro
GFX: ATI Radion X700?

I'll have vent running, find out what server clan mates are on, launch BF2 1.2 and everything will be ok. At some point without any warning, I'll notice that they can no longer hear me though I can hear them.

I've noticed that pushing the squad talk (B) button works and they can hear me via that albeit at a lower level (I have to yell).

I've tried near everything on these message boards and still no luck, I might try doing a full re-install with fresh drivers tonight to see if that works.

Will post results.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #27
Backpain

What happens to me is that when i test the microphone in the setup, it works fine, but when i click ok and try it in a channel, it wont pick up the PTT key or if i turn on sensitivity, it wont pick that up either. What do i do?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #28
SloppyG

Default My 2 Cents

I Thought I would throw in my 2 cents as there are a couple issues with the X-FI card.

First Issue - Front Jacks do not work for BF2 ingame voip - For users trying to use the FRONT I/O Drive jacks on their X-FI or other Audigy cards. Some of you may have noticed that things generally work ok during the install/test but then fail in game. This is USUALLY because BF2 automatically switches your active MIC input to MIC 1. Your front jack is actually called Mic 2.

Solution - Download Mixerfixer.zip from
http://forum.deadmen.co.uk/index.php...pic=2789&st=15

If the link is bad just google the filename, theres a couple copies out there and it's TINY. Just run this program before launching BF2. It will prompt you for 3 entries. As I recall enter 1,7,25 This prompts the program to change your recording selection to MIC 2 and reselect it every 25 seconds. BF2 seems to change the rec input at every map load so this makes sure it's ok. As for volume issues, make sure that your MIC2 is not muted or down too low in both recording and playback from the windows mixer. Ventrilo has a shortcut to these settings from the setup screen but you may need to go to advanced properties in each to add MIC2 to the list of adjustable options.

Hope that helps, I am able to use ingame voip using that fix.

NOW - MY ISSUE:
I get this error in BF2 pretty consistently when using Ventrilo. Ventrilo starts freaking out if I push to talk pretty close together (such as when commanding in BF2).

"Sound Input Device Has Been Closed
It Was Sending data faster than it should be

Try enabling the 'Use DirectSound for input device' option."

It happens most often for me in TWL matches, generally lots of people are talking back and forth. It happens pretty consistently for me especially if I push to talk back to back pretty quickly.

I'll notice issues starting to appear when I hit talk and do not hear the (beep) to signal the channel is open. Sometimes it sounds a second or two later and I can talk (laggy) and other times it just crashes with error above. Many times I am told I sound garbled. I've experimented with a couple different things to fix it (disabling directsound etc as well as making sure it was enabled).

I also tried using the PCI Latency Tool to no avail. I also hoped that perhaps because I had Audio set to Ultra High in BF2 that it was just too much for my x-fi to handle.. but medium and high did not help.

A couple things I still need to try:
-I'll see if raising the priority for ventrilo helps.
-I'm wondering if maybe my soundcard's IRQ is being shared with another device that is causing contention. Perhaps something about the way Nforce4 boards assign irqs to x-fi's is causing problems.

Any Ideas? Thanks!

**EDIT**
Didn't see my sig get added:
AMD 64 4000+
DFI Lanparty Expert (NF4)
2x1GB Corsair XMS 3200
ATI Radeon 1900XT
OCZ PowerStream 520
Creative X-FI (Platinum)

Last edited by SloppyG; 03-14-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:08 PM   #29
SloppyG

update - raising Ventrilo's priority to HIGH did not help - I still experience freezing of the ventrilo application AND received the error message in my previous post again.

It also does not appear that my IRQ is being shared with anything else. I'm running out of ideas so if anyone has some more please let me know!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #30
Chasgn1

I seem to be experiencing lock ups while vent is running during games of Call of Duty 2 and Battlefield 2. Out of no where, either 20 minutes or a few hours into a game, doesn't matter, my game can completely lock up and either the sound will loop, or just plain stop. It seems to only occur while ventrilo is running and particularly when someone is talking. Hopefully that's of help if this is one of the more common issues with the X-FIs.

Microsoft Windows 64 Professional
Soundblaster X-FI extreme music
Asus A8N-E
Athlon 64 4400+ dual core
Geforce 7800 GT
one gig of Supertalent 3200 DDr
Closed Thread