Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 03-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
dvanhelden

Default Microphone trouble

I am able to log into vent but unable to format my microphone to use it. Meaning that i can hear everyone but unable to talk back... The things i know is that my headset does work, hotkey is also working, but neither through the built in microphone or the headset mic is anyone able to hear me...

Anybody know what to do with it... My computer is a Macbook i have only had for a year... OSX.
dvanhelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:11 AM   #2
wadesworld

What kind of headset are you using?

To what is your input device set in both the sound preference pane and Ventrilo setup?
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
onegiantbooboo

Default microphone trouble

im having the same trouble as dvanhalen. im using a powermac g4 desktop. my mic is mac compatible but its not usb. its using a 3.5mm jack. my sound prefrences tell me to choose a sound input device and it only has one and that is ( line in.....audio line-in port ) and my input volume is at the max. my input device is set to input. and ive got no errors, it just wont let me talk?
onegiantbooboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #4
wadesworld

Your mic is not Mac compatible. It would have to come with an amplifier adapter.

Get a USB headset or a Griffin iMic.
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:15 AM   #5
Carmen

You can use the mic you have but you do have to buy the amp adapter for it to work with your mac. The built in will work if you only need to use Vent and not with another application (Example gaming). But to be able to use vent while using another app you need the adapter, Griffin imic is your best best bet.
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:47 AM   #6
Mattt

I have a similar problem, but I DO have a USB headset. Logitech. Tried to start a new thread, since it is a different problem, really, but it hasn't been approved by the mods yet after a couple of days, so I'll try posting here. The headset does work with lots of other software - it does NOT work with WoW in-game chat, and Blizzard has no idea why not. I really need it to work with Vent if at all possible. If there is any more specific info that would be helpful, let me know.

And yes, I checked all the various configuration options many times.
Mattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #7
Mattt

*poke*
Old 05-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
Landao

I posted a new thread about the same issue that you have Matt, but i guess my thread was not approved....
I also have a logitech headset and my mic doesn't work..... same case as your. My mic only works with hot key. Hard to say but ... Logitech headset owners are been ignored.

Why don't the support team post a thread (stick it) helping step by step how to config the headset on a MAC? It would be great.
Landao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #9
Mattt

Mine doesn't work at all with Vent. Works with just about everything else, but both Vent and WoW ingame chat hate it. And both don't work in the same way. Wonder what we have to do to get an answer of some kind? A "we're looking into it, please be patient" answer would be fine by me. Just, something.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #10
Mattt

I'll bump it again, although it seems pretty pointless. Doesn't appear that anyone from the development team actually reads the Mac board.