Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 03-13-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
panoze

Default problems with mac & vent 2.3.2 prototype 7

Hi, I have ventrillo 2.3.2 prototype 7 and an iMac 2.1 Ghz PowerPCG5 with a Logitech USB headset. I can use everything no problems (thanks for the Mac version) but very often, for no apparent reason, I will not be able to talk (be heard) over vent while I can still hear. Restart seems to fix it temporarily but lately its been acting up more than normal. Is this just a problem with this version of the program or can I help this with the settings, either on my vent or between the server and my computer (vent) etc...

I'm not a computer genius, but if there is something not too difficult that anyone has experienced before, or if anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it!
panoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
Just A Bot

Hi (and hi panoze!)

Like panoze, I am experiencing *intermittent* difficulties being heard (but never a problem hearing others). Also like panoze, restart does seem to fix it.

ventrilo 2.3.2 proto 7
mac powerbook g4 1.67 GHz
plantronics usb headset dsp 500
Just A Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:53 AM   #3
panoze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Bot
Hi (and hi panoze!)

Like panoze, I am experiencing *intermittent* difficulties being heard (but never a problem hearing others). Also like panoze, restart does seem to fix it.

ventrilo 2.3.2 proto 7
mac powerbook g4 1.67 GHz
plantronics usb headset dsp 500

Hey BOT looks like you and I are the only ones having this problem. I wonder why nobody else has this problem?

I guess its an unknown problem with the prototype, and we'll just have to wait for the full version, but I hope they can figure out what the problem is with the prototype since it seems to be limited to you and I.

Have you had any luck with yours? Mine is still intermittant, and I've played with the settings some and the configuration. Its working well enough and only cutting out when people are telling me important stuff that I need to respond to.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #4
CSchoate

Default Same here

The only problem I'm having is transmitting. I exclusively use Vent for playing warcraft and while I'm playing I can hear audio, but I cannot transmit. To transmit I have to select the vent program and then transmit.
CSchoate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:29 PM   #5
wadesworld

Quote:
The only problem I'm having is transmitting. I exclusively use Vent for playing warcraft and while I'm playing I can hear audio, but I cannot transmit. To transmit I have to select the vent program and then transmit.
See issue #4 in this thread:

http://www.ventrilo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9534

Wade
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #6
panoze

I found the problem, sorry to raise the alarm on this tech board, the problem was a low tech one. My headset has a volume and mute button which hangs down at table level (bad design) and I was inadvertantly hitting it while playing so my vent problems were just that I was muting myself, NOT a problem with the program. Sorry to cry wolf!! And thanks for any feedback.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #7
joecool3

well i noticed that when i go into the setup button. the input volume gets pushed back down to zero in the system prefrences. i got lucky figuring that one out.
joecool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:17 AM   #8
Flagship
Administrator

Then another application is pushing it down.