Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 11-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
Scorpie

Default Unable to set binds for Voice Target

We've been enjoying the new version 3.0 of Ventrilo, but as a Macintosh user, there's one thing we haven't been able to do.

Our vent admin set up an Voice Target called "Officer Chat" for the guild officers to be able to talk privately.

One can easily right-click to get a menu for "Voice Targets", and click the "click to talk" button if Ventrilo were always in the foreground. This doesn't work however, if we are trying to play our game (World of Warcraft) while doing the talking.

The PTT Advanced menu is missing the Voice Target Transmit Style in the binding set up menu.

Will this be addressed in a future revision?

Thanks for supporting the Macintosh.

Scorpie
Scorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
mjgraf

that mac feature is still in development, appologize for the delay.
mjgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:53 AM   #3
Scorpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgraf View Post
that mac feature is still in development, appologize for the delay.
My apologies for not reading the "approved by moderator" comment and posting the same message twice. Otherwise, eagerly awaiting updates.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
Scorpie

Default Requesting a follow-up

I realize this thread is nearly 2 months old, but in the intervening months, there has been a 3.0.1 update, but I would like to know whether this feature is indeed being looked at.

What I'm eventually hoping for is feature parity between the PC and Mac versions. I was told of a "voice normalization" SFX setting in the PC version, but apparently this is another disparity. There are just some people on our Ventrilo server who are barely above audible, and the normalization would help greatly. I've had to turn the volume on my Mac up and down to hear people trying to talk to me.

Thank you very much for the product, and keep up the good work!

Cheers
Old 01-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
Alphyll

Unhappy

I play World of Warcraft as well, and it is lame having to switch between applications (WoW and Ventrilo) just to speak for 1 second

it worked (could use vent without switching windows) about 2 1/2 months ago, but i just started using vent again just recently, and it seems that that part of vent was broken in the patches

A fix to this problem would be really appreciated
Alphyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
wadesworld

It hasn't broken.

Do you have "enable access for assistive devices" checked in the Universal Access preference pane?
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
Scorpie

Wade, that's not possible, as there is no way to bind "Voice Target" in the Mac client.

I'm not entirely sure if Alphyll is talking about Voice Target in this context, but I am able to talk to normal voice channels using the regular PTT key. (I do have the preference pane set properly.)

However, in order to send to a voice target (our guild has an "Officer Channel" voice target for guild officers), I have to right-click on a person, and then open the Voice Target window.

To talk to officer, I need to select the "Officer Chat" voice target, and then click the "Talk" button on the Voice Target window.

Last edited by Scorpie; 01-23-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #8
wadesworld

I wasn't referring to voice target. I was referring to Alphyll's post saying that he couldn't talk when vent was in the background.
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
Scorpie

Heh. Ok. I thought for a moment my thread was getting hijacked. It is an issue that has caused problems, and I didn't want it to get lost in yet another same question deal.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #10
Aonghus

Default Any update?

It's been a couple months more since the last bump on this thread. Any update from the development team on when we might be able to expect this feature to be available in the Mac client?

Alternatively, if I could bind to a user-to-user communication that will send to more than 4 targets that would also work.
Aonghus is offline   Reply With Quote