Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Windows Client

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 06:15 PM   #11
Agehn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcallibure View Post
I use the Logitech G5 Battlefield mouse.

Is there any way to use the extra button on the left near your thumb as a push to talk hotkey for Ventrilo and disable the "back" function in web browsers?
Well I use a Logitech MX518, but I'm having the same problems. What I can do, is use SetPoint to give the 'back' button a keystroke assignment of 'pause' or 'F12,' then set Vent's PTT hotkey to 'pause' or 'F12.' Then it's a PTT key, and it won't function as a 'back' button in web browsers. I think that's what Xcallibure wanted. But I want to have it do both; act as my PTT hotkey, and as a back button in Firefox. If I set it to 'Generic Button' in SetPoint, Vent won't recognize it. Vent will recognize Mouse 1, Mouse 2, and Mouse 3, but it won't ever recognize Mouse 4. Anybody found a solution? What was this talk about using SetPoint and Vent as admin?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #12
Agehn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agehn View Post
Well I use a Logitech MX518, but I'm having the same problems. What I can do, is use SetPoint to give the 'back' button a keystroke assignment of 'pause' or 'F12,' then set Vent's PTT hotkey to 'pause' or 'F12.' Then it's a PTT key, and it won't function as a 'back' button in web browsers. I think that's what Xcallibure wanted. But I want to have it do both; act as my PTT hotkey, and as a back button in Firefox. If I set it to 'Generic Button' in SetPoint, Vent won't recognize it. Vent will recognize Mouse 1, Mouse 2, and Mouse 3, but it won't ever recognize Mouse 4. Anybody found a solution? What was this talk about using SetPoint and Vent as admin?

Way not to read the FAQ, Agehn. The answer is: check 'Use DirectInput to detect Hotkey.'

Duh.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #13
Isengrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_ View Post
you need to set your button in "set point" as a generic button.
I had the same problem after a logitech update. Brandon's solution fixed my problem. Thanks!

I might also mention that I use an MX revolution, but I am sure that Logitech also uses a unidriver type system.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #14
Xcallibure

I found a solution for disabling Mouse 4 as BACK button in browsers and using it with Ventrilo while your mouse is targeted on the browser!

Step by step:

1. Install uberOptions for Logitech SetPoint

2. Set Mouse 4 button to be a "Keystroke Assignment" such as PAUSE

3. Where you see "1a. Select Program" under the picture of your mouse, click "Manage Programs ..." and add all the web browser programs.

4. Hit OK after you added each browser.

5. Do this for each program (browser) you added: Click on the Mouse 4 button, and at "3a. Specify Keystroke" set it to be PAUSE. Therefore your Mouse 4 button will no longer act as a BACK button, and will work with Ventrilo.

Hope this helps some people. This can probably work with every mouse that has an extra button, but I haven't tested it.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Xcallibure; 09-11-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:38 PM   #15
NateDawg1021

Default Same

I'm having the same problem, fresh WindowsXP install, I use a MX700. But when Push to Talk is the Left mouse button, it doesn't work in-game (WoW)

I have no WoW keybinds set there. I've used it on my old computer, I installed SetPoint, I have the newest drivers, I have "Use DirectInput to Direct Hotkey" Checked, do I need to set up a mixer? Do I use Default Sound devices? Any other options to check/uncheck?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:32 AM   #16
Xcallibure

You want to use the left mouse button as PTT? You mean the one that you use for pretty much everything? Or do you mean the thumb buttons like Mouse 4 and 5?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #17
NateDawg1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcallibure View Post
You want to use the left mouse button as PTT? You mean the one that you use for pretty much everything? Or do you mean the thumb buttons like Mouse 4 and 5?
My two left thumb buttons are "Unassigned" But even when they were assigned to Forward/Backward on my new computer, I could still use the Thumb buttons as PTT. I have all the options here, now I'm DLing uBerOptions to try and fix it :-/
Closed Thread