Ventrilo Tech Support  

Go Back   Ventrilo Tech Support > Main Category > Macintosh Client

Old 02-20-2006, 06:58 AM   #1
khafre

Default Recent Stability Issues

I have been noticing lately that Ventrilo (Prototype 7) is starting to consistently just stop responding altogether and the application needs to be force quit and restarted in order to restore functionality. This became an issue in prototype 6, and partially resolved in prototype 7 but still persists.

I'm curious if anyone else is noticing issues like this with the mac version of vent. Because the problem arose out of the blue with both prototype version's I'm assuming this is a conflict with the Mac OS software and a more recent update of it. I'm running OS 10.4.4, is anyone else having issues like this?
khafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:28 AM   #2
zoopismo

I noticed the same problem. Running prototype 7 and Mac OSX 10.4.5 - the communication with others breaks off and the ventrilo application can not be activated again.

right-clicking the icon in the dock gives the information 'application not responding'

can only be resolved by a force-quit and restarting
zoopismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
Flagship
Administrator

Not sure. It could be a symptom of portions of the code that are not fully compliant with the new architecture. Strange though that it would just start happening suddenly?
Old 02-20-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
wadesworld

I haven't seen it happen, but if I do, I'll see if I can get you some hints Flagship.
wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #5
khafre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagship
Not sure. It could be a symptom of portions of the code that are not fully compliant with the new architecture. Strange though that it would just start happening suddenly?
When it first happened I brushed it off as a minor issue because the Mac version of vent is still in testing, but now it happens on a daily basis. If it helps any the problem first started (for me anyways) in January, I had been using my PC during December so I didn't take note of any Mac issues with vent. I update my Mac when available (Downloading 1.4.5 now) so the problem might have arisen from an operating system update that occurred during the the winter months. Would be interesting to see if this occurs on previous builds of Tiger.

Unfortunately that is all I know, not sure how to replicate the issue but as I said it happens to me almost every day, often many times a day.

Appreciate all the work on Vent for OS X, hope a resolution to this issue can be found soon!
khafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
CDavis

I have had this problem off and on since starting to use Vent, but it has become far more frequent in recent days. Yesterday during a 3 hour stretch it happened to me 3 times (by far the most frequent). It does seem to be worse in the most recent version.
CDavis is offline   Reply With Quote